❤ Dating Advice For MaidenFans Thread ❤

Why, Brigs, I've learnt my lesson and deemed more desirable for this thread to be bedight with poetry, not jokes.

But if the lyrics are frowned upon as well...
All Saap needs to do is keep the faith. It´s his life, it´s now or never. He ain´t gonna live forever...
MindRuler, let me rephrase that:

So, Saap:

"Now for a little while thy valour is in flower;
but soon shall it be that sickness or the sword rob thee of thy might,
or fire’s embrace, or water’s wave, or bite of blade, or flight of spear, or dreadful age;
or the flashing of thine eyes shall fail and fade; very soon ’twill come that thee, proud knight, shall death lay low."

So heed the words of Hrothgar, son of Halfdane, that I bestow upon thee and waste not the precious hours of thy virility and youthful mirth.

Oh God. See, if you don't do anything, the whole thread will permanently descend into lyrics.

Indeed. This thread is supposed to be for dating advice, and some of us are doing our best to help those in romantic need. It's like we're living in a different world trying to get our message through. No-one heard a single word we're saying. They should have seen it in our eyes, what was going round in our heads.

Indeed. This thread is supposed to be for dating advice, and some of us are doing our best to help those in romantic need. It's like we're living in a different world trying to get our message through. No-one heard a single word we're saying. They should have seen it in our eyes, what was going round in our heads.
Many strangers are around, but we are all romantic warriors.

DJ Mays, hello. My name is Adam. I am a historian working on an article on themes pertaining to Indigenous peoples of the Americas in heavy metal and its place in the history of musical acculturation in rock. I'm also a Maiden fan. After reading your previous statement on Run To The Hills I would be very interested in your input on the topic. Would you be willing to do so? I am new to the forum and am learning to navigate it. Thanks, Adam

DJ Mays, hello. My name is Adam. I am a historian working on an article on themes pertaining to Indigenous peoples of the Americas in heavy metal and its place in the history of musical acculturation in rock. I'm also a Maiden fan. After reading your previous statement on Run To The Hills I would be very interested in your input on the topic. Would you be willing to do so? I am new to the forum and am learning to navigate it. Thanks, Adam

Hi Adam, welcome onboard. Unless you're trying to score with people of your preferred sex, the thread you're looking for his here:

Life’s too short to regret not hitting on every pretty girl who passes by. Besides, I’ve got bigger things to worry about, such as how to get a job, become a normal person and not drink myself stupid.

Life’s too short to regret not hitting on every pretty girl who passes by. Besides, I’ve got bigger things to worry about, such as how to get a job, become a normal person and not drink myself stupid.

Saap, you are a great person as far as I can tell. You need not worry to becoming to "normal" person, I would wish the "normal persons" be more like you. Let aside there's no normal. You are authentic and original. This is your power and wealth.
If you drink much, yes I agree, it's a bs of a habit. Reduce it, do some regular workout instead.

But most importantly: Do not worry about getting "a" job. I did this deadly mistake for years. Do worry to get the right job, in the right company that is aligned with your values. When you do an interview it's not just them judging you, it should be also you judging them.
What's more, consider starting your own business. Dream big, do not settle easily. Do things that inspire you. Dare to risk for things that have "heart". Now that you are young everything is possible.

The people who succeed are the people equipped with grit. They follow their vision and do not quit, they go for it over and over again. Find your vision and follow it. The sky is the limit.

I’ve got bigger things to worry about, such as how to get a job, become a normal person and not drink myself stupid.

Yes, a job - remember ,that you do not need to do what you studied for or what you currently think you are destined to do. A friend of mine has studied theology (and hasn't actually finished the school, even, so his official qualification is, like, secondary) and now he's working in a bank, making more money than I do.

As for a "normal" person - alas, if you feel "abnormal" and realise that, I don't think you will be able to change that and become ever fully "normal", maugre your best efforts. You can likely shed a crippling pathology, given proper care, if you have such, but as someone who is striving for "normality" throughout his life I can assure you there is no such thing. Nobody is normal. Even the really simple-minded people are usually in some way abnormal. So don't worry about that.

Back