❤ Dating Advice For MaidenFans Thread ❤

I went through this entire thread, that I started in 2018, and realized I've been talking/asking about the same girl from the beginning, with a short pause when I was with that girl from work.

Embarassing date stories?

Was in China and asked a girl out, that I met on the bus. We talked on WeChat and agreed to meet up on the Mothers day. My place of work had a bunch of flowers to give to moms picking up their kids at the reception, so I asked if I can have one of those flowers, planning to give it to the girl later.
I was waiting for her in the city centre close to our language school, in front of a shopping mall where we often went, a very familiar area. The plan was to go to the seaside nearby and have a coffee or something. I decided to surprise the girl, so I hid my "free flower" into the short bush in front of the mall, if you did not know it is there, you would miss it. Girl is approaching, with a confindent and elegant gesture I reach into the bush and pick up the flower, hand it to the girl. Apparently in China, this type of flower is given SPECIFICALLY to mothers on the Mothers day. Girl was so kind to inform me of that. The rest of the "date" felt a bit rusty, we had coffee in the big yellow M, not sure whether we went to the seaside or she left afterwards. No message from her after that.

How are they remotely similar? Run To The Hills is a semi historical account of the colonisation of America, and simply references an obscene action performed by the colonisers, who are clearly the villains in the context of the song. It's not glorifying it or making light of it whatsoever.

I could dissect this and go in lengths to support my argument, but I don't need to.

See the ladies flashing, all there legs and lashes
I've just got to find my way
Well you see me crawling through the bushes with it open wide
What you seeing girl?
Can't you believe that feeling, can't you believe it
Can't you believe your eyes?
It's the real thing girl

How about this; I'm 38, I've spent 21 years of my life in monogamous relationships and I've only been on one proper, organised date in my life. We went for dinner after swapping numbers in a night club. We never met again. I think its so weird to go for dinner with someone that you hardly know. Anyone else think that?

And the cinema seems to be a popular place for dates. Whats that about? Yeah, lets go and sit in a dark room together not talking for 2hrs. Makes no sense to me! Well, we used to go to the cinema as teenagers but it was cheap and nobody cared what film was on, it was just so we could hook up inside so not proper dates, to my mind.

Note - Im not counting goin places with people I was already properly involved with as dates. Maybe some talking points, though...

Not really any advice in this post

Dinner involves food, though, which is always a winner in my book. Plus you can always discuss the food if nerves tie your tongue.

My embarrassing date would be the one where my cousin tried to pair me up with one of her friends (good looking one at that) and I wasn't aware that it was meant to be a date. I thought he was just hanging around with me to find out more about her. Pretty much told him I had to dash off because I had better things to do. Oh well.

Dinner involves food, though, which is always a winner in my book. Plus you can always discuss the food if nerves tie your tongue.
I get that but I still think its an odd thing to be at. Eating with someone you know is good. Pints. Thats how I like to get to know people, by drinkin pints* with them.

Maybe I'm thinkin more of first dates.

*drinks are available in other sizes

There really is only one way to go for first dates and that's drinks at a place that's primarily a bar, but also has food. If it's not going well, you've had your drinks and you can get out; if it's going well, you can also eat and extend the stay.

Cinema is bad as you can't talk (unless you're an asshole).

Not everybody drinks, believe it or not.

And the cinema seems to be a popular place for dates. Whats that about? Yeah, lets go and sit in a dark room together not talking for 2hrs. Makes no sense to me! Well, we used to go to the cinema as teenagers but it was cheap and nobody cared what film was on, it was just so we could hook up inside so not proper dates, to my mind.

Cinema makes sense only if both are interested in discussing the movie afterwards.

Reactions: Nyx
If the person you're going out with is into movies, I highly recommend the inverted movie and dinner, it gives you something to talk about, but watching others evaluate art teaches you a lot about who they are as a person - very important.

Don't let me interrupt the flow here, (as its headed in a far better direction, most thankfully) and as I'm never posting in this topic again. (I told people it was a bad idea to begin with in another topic, and predicted this would happen) but I'll clarify things here in a final post since it seems necessary. Note: I will not bother to read replies, so don't bother and just act like my post isn't here. I will kindly move on to other topics, and I have no qualms at all about staff deleting my posts if they deem it necessary, though I'm happy they've stayed.

What I wanted in my first post was for the staff here to take the sort of thing I was talking about seriously, and prevent any further allusion and references to rape from the less than decent members here. And they very admirably took action and have. I can't help but to applaud their genuine response and consideration of the matter, and it says much for their professionalism. And it made me feel much safer here. Though some of you need to learn a lesson or ten, rest assured I'm not going to do anything to bring unwanted attention to the forum itself, as that would be unfair to the better souls who frequent here.

@BlackAbyssBabe OMG ANOTHER GIRL! Finally! <3 Thank you, by the way for your awesome reply. :)

On a final note, I know many of you boys think jer was 'agreeing' with me, but he most certainly was not. I know exactly what he was trying to do, as well as what psychological game he was playing, and I wasnt having any of it. So, I did the only correct action which was get acquainted with the ignore feature immediately after replying to his first response, to prevent future issues. Were clearly on opposite ends of the personal beliefs spectrum. I was kind enough to tell him I wasn't talking with him further, so why he bothered with a reply I'll never read is beyond my understanding.

And now, I will leave you to your topic.

If anyone wants my advice regarding dating and such things, you can feel free to join the others who have pm'ed me with questions.

On a final note, I know many of you boys think jer was 'agreeing' with me, but he most certainly was not. I know exactly what he was trying to do, as well as what psychological game he was playing, and I wasnt having any of it.
You clearly don’t understand anything about me or my motivations, and couldn’t be further off base.

So, I did the only correct action which was get acquainted with the ignore feature immediately after replying to his first response, to prevent future issues.
If you actually put me on ignore after my first response, which was complimentary until I challenged your still-undefined threats toward still-undefined forum members, then you must be completely unable to tolerate points of view that diverge even slightly from your own. And that would appear to be consistent with your other comments here.

Were clearly on opposite ends of the personal beliefs spectrum.
That’s funny, I didn’t know there was a single spectrum on which all beliefs reside. Probably because there isn’t.

I suspect our feelings on religion are similar, our taste in music probably overlaps more than not, and you obviously believe in free speech for yourself (though apparently not for anyone else). And I really did agree with most of your first post. So we’re not actually worlds apart, but you apparently like to cast people as irredeemable villains the moment they say something you don’t like, logic and facts be damned. And again, your own actions say far more about you than I ever could.

I was kind enough to tell him I wasn't talking with him further, so why he bothered with a reply I'll never read is beyond my understanding.
Because bullshit accusations, straw man arguments, and baseless bluster have to be aggressively challenged, or you run the risk of people actually starting to believe them.

You just want to present your words as performance art — a declaration of the persona you want to project without any desire for actual discussion. Any resistance to your proclamations is met with derision, othering, and threats of retaliation — supposedly all the things you yourself hate about the current world order. You are a glass cannon and a hypocrite.

That said, if you want to drop the posturing and have an actual conversation instead, people would be more than willing to accommodate you, myself included.

What I wanted in my first post was for the staff here to take the sort of thing I was talking about seriously, and prevent any further allusion and references to rape from the less than decent members here.
Feel free to move on, but to anyone else: did we actually have any rape references and jokes here? I always thought that MaidenFans was a pretty safe space when it came to that; certainly mod respond to euromaiden’s posts would underscore that to me. I’m just wondering if maybe something went under the radar that no one picked up on.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hi friends,

Maidenfans.com does not allow sexual violence to be used "humourously" and we have, in the past, deleted posts or warned members for the use of that language. We have updated the Forum Rules to make this explicit. We have also added additional verbiage around posting in a respectful fashion and considering your fellow posters before submitting a post.

When it comes to a discussion around things that may have been noticed, but not moderated, please note that despite our efforts we may not read every single post, and we encourage any team member who feels there is unacceptable language to report the post immediately.

I am asking everyone to move on from the previous conversation in this thread. Should further conversation in the previous vein continue, it will be deleted. There will be no Round 2. If there's anything that we've missed, feel free to report a post or reach out directly to myself or other moderators for conversation or discussion therein. We are dedicated to ensuring that people feel comfortable visiting this website.

Thanks,
LC and the Mods.

Back