❤ Dating Advice For MaidenFans Thread ❤

And all that you've written for "real men" applies to real women too. For every man made trope there's a woman made trope. It's not about the gender it's about who's representing it. There are shitty people, and their gendered versions are not that different from each other.

Friend of a friend - guy walks down the street, sees two people, man and woman, the man is pushing her on the wall, e.g. beating her in middle of the street. He confronts him and gets shanked with no serious wound. The man grabs the woman and they leave the scene. In the court, the woman testifies that they had a normal 'romantic argument' and that our hero attacked her boyfriend for no reason. Both of them are addicts and known petty criminals.

So you can just stop with the division nonsense and start referring to real human beings vs shit people.

I have never tolerated, and will not, any form of jealousy. Insecurity or lack of self-confidence, however, is different.

You're absolutely mixing apples and oranges here.
Insecurity, lack of self confidence, fear, low self esteem, childhood trauma, etc. are causes. Jealousy is a consequence.

And you should approach it as such. That's why it never can be treated, because the root cause needs to be tended to first.

Largely, people carry little insecurities from the childhood with them, into teenage years and adolescence. A jealous episode in a relationship between kids largely doesn't mean much, because of this. But grown people are supposed to fix their own head problems and find their own worth and not let some little stupidity like you being constantly kicked out of a sports team in elementary school ruin your entire life.

Like I said, normal people, vs still-not-yet-there people, vs abnormal people.

Hey all,

I think we settled this when @Night Prowler told Jer and Euromaiden to chill out. Let’s leave it at that and use this thread for dating advice. We don’t accept rape jokes on this forum, however we don’t dig through old posts and are not going to take retroactive action if we missed something from that long ago.

If anyone has a problem with something another member said, please take it up with one of the mods via PM and we will take appropriate action.

I read it too and if it was indeed Mosh, I think he fucked up here a lot.

I am writing a complaint to mods I know more and I'll think about whether I'll be returning to the forum under these circumstances, all things considered.

(did I indeed break any rules, @Perun ?)

I don't know. I don't even know what this is about. I don't know if anyone made a rape joke. I just made some statements in principle extending on a few points others made that I thought were worth emphasisisng.

This is really annyoiing me now. No, I didn't read the entire exchange, as I said I looked at this thread on my smartphone on a bus ride and decided to just make a brief statement because I thought you could all behave like adults. I have a lot to do right now, so I'm sorry I'm not wasting what little free time I have these days on this petty bickering.
I doN't know what @euromaiden had in mind with her threat, why don#t you fucking ask her. We're not going to tolerate any violence from anyone to anyone here and I though I made that clear.
What the fuck is happening on this board? We had a bunch of rage quits over the last few months,s ome public and dramatic, others silent and without a word and people seem to have lost the ability to talk to each other like civilised people. This used to be a great community, but now it's degenerated to a place where people just throw shit at each other like fucking chimps. Everyone is just determined to be right now, to be butthurt by somebody else who has the audacity to have a different opinion, everybody is just precious and fragile and can't fucking talk to someone else anymore and ask what they meant with a post or try to take their position into account. This board used to be better than this.

Fucking hell, I can't tell you people how pissed off I am right now and how pathetic this all looks to me.

Hmm, this forum was quite good in 2021. I was going to quit in 2020 but somehow ended up staying. It seems that we're moving up in the madness ranks again.

I read it too and if it was indeed Mosh, I think he fucked up here a lot.

I am writing a complaint to mods I know more and I'll think about whether I'll be returning to the forum under these circumstances, all things considered.
You have no idea how much I appreciate this, Judas, but I'd hate to see you leave because of this. This is a great place and I hope we're stronger than this.

I don't know. I don't even know what this is about. I don't know if anyone made a rape joke. I just made some statements in principle extending on a few points others made that I thought were worth emphasisisng.

This is really annyoiing me now. No, I didn't read the entire exchange, as I said I looked at this thread on my smartphone on a bus ride and decided to just make a brief statement because I thought you could all behave like adults. I have a lot to do right now, so I'm sorry I'm not wasting what little free time I have these days on this petty bickering.
I doN't know what @euromaiden had in mind with her threat, why don#t you fucking ask her. We're not going to tolerate any violence from anyone to anyone here and I though I made that clear.
What the fuck is happening on this board? We had a bunch of rage quits over the last few months,s ome public and dramatic, others silent and without a word and people seem to have lost the ability to talk to each other like civilised people. This used to be a great community, but now it's degenerated to a place where people just throw shit at each other like fucking chimps. Everyone is just determined to be right now, to be butthurt by somebody else who has the audacity to have a different opinion, everybody is just precious and fragile and can't fucking talk to someone else anymore and ask what they meant with a post or try to take their position into account. This board used to be better than this.

Fucking hell, I can't tell you people how pissed off I am right now and how pathetic this all looks to me.
Risking to further piss you off, Per, this, and the usage of "everyone" is simply not fair. Read the whole thing whenever you have time, read my mod-deleted post, and appreciate the effort put by some members to talk like civilised people to someone who did not deserve it in the first place.

Risking to further piss you off, Per, this, and the usage of "everyone" is simply not fair. Read the whole thing whenever you have time, read my mod-deleted post, and appreciate the effort put by some members to talk like civilised people to someone who did not deserve it in the first place.

Of course it was unfair. I was super pissed off and still am. I'm fucking tired of taking a break from this board because it pissed me off so much, then returning just to immediately see the next petty crisis. I'm fucking tired of the ragequits. I'm honestly tired of this board. If it weren't for a handful of people here I cared about, including you, I would be leaving this place for good.

Of course it was unfair. I was super pissed off and still am. I'm fucking tired of taking a break from this board because it pissed me off so much, then returning just to immediately see the next petty crisis. I'm fucking tired of the ragequits. I'm honestly tired of this board. If it weren't for a handful of people here I cared about, including you, I would be leaving this place for good.
:(
If you're still in Sofia, let's get pissed (not pissed off) one of these days then.
Disclaimer: THIS IS NOT A DATING ADVICE. DON'T YOU EVER EVEN THINK OF TRYING IT.

:(
If you're still in Sofia, let's get pissed (not pissed off) one of these days then.
Disclaimer: THIS IS NOT A DATING ADVICE. DON'T YOU EVER EVEN THINK OF TRYING IT.

Relax. I didn't buy you a flower when the flower man came, it's all good.
Not in Sofia right now, I hope I can make it again in January or early February though.

Can we just make it really clear that this forum in no way welcomes jokes or light-hearted discussion of rape. If anyone feels this has happened, or feels any other posts break forum rules, please contact the moderators directly and/or click to report the offending post and we'll review and take action in accordance with forum policy.

This thread was meant to be a friendly and community-spirited one about dating - both the good and bad. Nothing is being resolved by a continuation of publicly arguing about what has and hasn't been said. Posts deleted by moderators were deleted as they were likely to result in the continuation of a dispute instead of going back to on-topic discussion. I understand anyone who feels accused and wants to reply, or at worst feels they need to defend themselves, but can we keep the forum to discussion as intended?

If anyone strongly feels a post is breaking the rules, including inciting violence, or defaming someone, please consider reporting it ahead of responding.

Ok, back to topic, here's the ultimate dating advice then: only buy flowers if it's not Magnus you're dating, don't ever mix apples and oranges, and by all means refer to this thread before you even dare of thinking of making a joke, or any move. Also, just in case, don't breath. And, if you happen to be a mod,
, again just in case.
Hope this settles it.
Good night.

From my perspective Euromaiden's reaction to whatever happened (and I am not aware of any "sin" here in the past) is unnecesarily aggressive, childish and all in all just silly.

We all agree that rape is bad.
I would not joke about it, personally, cause it is very sensitive and disgusting topic.
But joke about something is not the same as doing the thing, as guys before me said already.

My feeling is that someone here has been hurt in the past by men, and stemming from that, now feels like there must be a holy war against all XY chromosome.

I know mods have asked to let this topic go, but I find it interesting that such topic should happen here, in board where we discuss bands whose imagery contains both rape, slaughter, genocide, etc (death metal ffs!). How's Bruce prancing around shouting "raping the women, wasting the men" OK but some joke isn't?

I know mods have asked to let this topic go, but I find it interesting that such topic should happen here, in board where we discuss bands whose imagery contains both rape, slaughter, genocide, etc (death metal ffs!). How's Bruce prancing around shouting "raping the women, wasting the men" OK but some joke isn't?
How are they remotely similar? Run To The Hills is a semi historical account of the colonisation of America, and simply references an obscene action performed by the colonisers, who are clearly the villains in the context of the song. It's not glorifying it or making light of it whatsoever.

Back