The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would so love to hear "The Parchment" live. I would place it early in the setlist, after we all gathered there, the audience can sing “Meet me there". If a few "play classics", like "Run to the Hills" were cut, I wouldn't find that so bad...
Parchment has some singalong melodies, but not lyrics. About the classics, yes, especially after 3 years Hits tour.
Your mates suck ass then if they think skipping the best song Steve has written in 37 years for taking a shit is a "well-deserved break".
Wow. The years are not that many imo.
Look at Senjutsu.
The difference is that Parchment has a special vibe, a faster part, more melodies/solos, less singing and I think it will be a better and very good live song. But some fans (arena shows) didn't like TRATB live(?), so we'll see.

Parchment has some singalong melodies, but not lyrics. About the classics, yes, especially after 3 years Hits tour.

Wow. The years are not that many imo.

The difference is that Parchment has a special vibe, a faster part, more melodies/solos, less singing and I think it will be a better and very good live song. But some fans (arena shows) didn't like TRATB live(?), so we'll see.
The Red and the the Black was the highlight of the tour. I was a bit ‘meh’ about the song before seeing it live. The instrumental was just awesome. The band looked like they were having so much fun.

Last edited:
What about vomiting? :D

I am sure it would not be that bad, would it? :D

Joking aside, for what is worth, I have never vomited at a gig in 30+ years of going to shows. I think the image of a guy who had drunk too much and was sitting on his own puke, not noticing anything that was happening on stage, at one of the first gigs I ever went to caused such a great impression on me that I could not see the point in being too drunk at a show. :)

I'm really looking forward to seeing some Future Past tour merchandise! I LOVE the Legacy of the Beast shirts and I'm so stoked to see what they're going to do with the new design. Wil l we get some Samurai vs Cyborg action or perhaps a fusion between the two? Some many options! I'm sure I'm going to buy 2 again in Amsterdam just like I did in Arnhem last year!

I do hope they bring back the location exclusive shirts (and hopefully make one for The Netherlands this time, the last exclusive one they made for NL was the Book of Souls one where Eddie comes crushing through a windmill)!

Attachments

• Legacy-Of-The-Beast-World-Tour-2022-Iron-Maiden-Tour-Tee-1.png
    Legacy-Of-The-Beast-World-Tour-2022-Iron-Maiden-Tour-Tee-1.png
    474.7 KB · Views: 6
  • tss--95bd4855e24a517202e37c04047e500e.jpg
    tss--95bd4855e24a517202e37c04047e500e.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 7
  • tss--a31064c30ecb082f4512714232f57794.jpg
    tss--a31064c30ecb082f4512714232f57794.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 7
Samurai vs Cyborg action or perhaps a fusion between the two?
Samurai vs Cyborg is a must. With a futuristic setting. A fusion between the two? That's the tour poster. I doubt they will make it in full length, it would be weird. I hope they will have some merch (or backdrop or tour poster for 2024) with a Japanese Palace, grasslands, wall and Senjutsu Eddie on a horse too. I really hope so. It's the album tour after all. We can expect event shirts. Legacy merch was really cool, yeah.

I also would love if they make an artwork (for a merch) of a song they won't play this year (like they did with SOTV). Or why not for WTWC? I want to see DOTC Eddie or Eddie for Parchment.

During the intermission of Bruce's spoken word performance this past Friday, the big screen was displaying the promo poster for The Future Past Tour. It was a little insulting and I'd lie if it didn't have me salty.

Red and the the Black was the highlight of the tour. I was a bit ‘meh’ about the song before seeing it live. The instrumental was just awesome. The band looked like they were having so much fun.
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of TRATB, but the instrumental section in the Live Chapter version is absolutely magical. You can literally HEAR how much fun the band are having.

My brother just said one thing. Bruce ranted about Britney Spears in 2000's.... And here we are in 2023, Britney, as active pop diva is long gone, yet Maiden still plays in the arenas and stadiums. Those who play not just for money but have passion for music - prevail. Long live IRON MAIDEN. May the Boys will be blessed with good health and long life.

Why did it insult you?
Weird thing to be insulted by.
It probably came off wrong because of the wrong verbiage used. Maybe insulted was the wrong word to use. I probably should have said tilted. It tickled me wrong, either way.

I've been sad that this glorious, ultimate fusion tour never was announced anywhere sensibly close to me.

The only gig in Sweden is at a festival that I can't buy a single day pass for. There's not a gig in Denmark either. It went from "Holy shit, I can't miss this!" to "Holy shit, I'll miss this!"

My inability to afford a trip to see them in another country and feeling unjustified by it basically boils down to personal financial problems caused by a stupid whoreson realtor cocksucker motherfucker pissing all over me and claiming that it's been raining - but I'll spare you the details and won't bore you with it.

The only gig in Sweden is at a festival that I can't buy a single day pass for.
Yet.

1-day tickets will go on sale later on in the season, when the majority of the line-up is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back