5. You Must Burn!
  6. Lux Æterna
  7. Crown of Barbed Wire
  8. Chasing Light
  9. If Darkness Had a Son
  10. Too Far Gone?
  11. Room of Mirrors
  12. Inamorata

They had this floor ticket package for their North American arena run four years ago where buying it got you in at every single date of the arena run. Could be the same thing?

Edit: That ticket went for $598 USD

These are the prices for the Spanish shows (apparently the tickets are valid for both dates):

PL1 SNAKE PIT 550€ + 73€ in booking fees
PL2 SEATS 225€ + 30€ in booking fees
PL3 STANDING GA 200€ + 26,50€ in booking fees
PL4 SEATS 170€ + 22,50€ in booking fees
PL4 CHILDREN 85€ + 11.50€ in booking fees
PL5 SEATS 145€ + 19,50€ in booking fees
PL6 SEATS 125€ + 16,50€ in booking fees
PL7 SEATS 115€ + 15,50€ in booking fees
PL8 SEATS 105€ + 14€ in booking fees
“NOTHING ELSE MATTERS” SNAKE PIT EXPERIENCE: 2823€ + 375€ in booking fees
“MOTH INTO FLAME” SNAKE PIT EXPERIENCE: 969€ + 129€ in booking fees
“ONE” EXPERIENCE: 793€ + 105€ in booking fees
“FRANTIC” EARLY ENTRY GA PACKAGE: 440€ + 58€ in booking fees
“SEEK & DESTROY” PACKAGE: 528€ + 70€ in booking fees
If Maiden did this we would never hear the end of it.

Yeah those prices are ridiculous. Standing tickets nearly double what I paid for in 2019. Also, Metallica in a stadium isn't great unless you're in the expensive area near the front.

I'd rather wait to see if they do an arena tour. Either that or go to Download.

Yeah those prices are ridiculous. Standing tickets nearly double what I paid for in 2019. Also, Metallica in a stadium isn't great unless you're in the expensive area near the front.

I'd rather wait to see if they do an arena tour. Either that or go to Download.

I believe those are the prices for the tickets to both shows (i.e., you get two tickets for that price). :)

The prices of the experiences are outrageous though.

I believe those are the prices for the tickets to both shows (i.e., you get two tickets for that price). :)
They're starting sales only offering two-day tickets to begin with, the single day tickets will only be available later. A bit of a dick move if you ask me, it's blatantly just a cash grab, same with the "experiences" they're offering (and have been for years now).

They're starting sales only offering two-day tickets to begin with, the single day tickets will only be available later. A bit of a dick move if you ask me, it's blatantly just a cash grab, same with the "experiences" they're offering (and have been for years now).

There's no business like show business...

Someone has to pay for all those private jets!

That being said, although it is probably peanuts to them,

A portion of proceeds from every ticket sold will go to the band’s All Within My Hands foundation. Founded in 2017, AWMH’s efforts to assist and enrich the lives of members of the communities who have supported the band have raised nearly $13 million – providing $5.9 million in grants to career and technical education programs in the US, over $2.5 million to combat food insecurity, and more than $3.2 million to disaster relief efforts worldwide.

Last edited:
I miss the general admission ticket valid either standing or seat

I miss going to a record shop or bar to buy the tickets without having to pay an extortionate amount of money in booking fees for something that I would either have to print myself at home or show in my smartphone! :mad:

We sound like a couple of old farts...

muppets-statler-and-waldorf.gif

The news of a new album coming up was the best thing I’ve heard in a while. The world is crap at the moment, so this was very surprising (for me at least).

But the prices to see them live…glad I saw them in 2019, guess it was the only time I will ever see them live

I'm really excited for the new album. I listened to Hardwired in 2016 so much and it helpedd me get through a though time at school! But the tour, oh boy what have you done Metallica....?

I've only seen Metallica live once and that was at Pinkpop this year. I really wanted to see them in 2023 too but the 2-day tickets, the fact that I live nowhere near a venue (closest one is 5 hours away, round trip) and that you are required to buy a 2-day ticket is absurd and is stopping me from going. I'm reallly excited for the new album and Metallica is one of my favorite bands of all time next to Iron Maiden and Rammstein, but they screw up their most beloved fans with this way of touring. I wish they had done it differently and tackled this tour like the Worldwired tour. Their schedule is full until September 2024, and since they're not getting any younger this may be the last time we get to see the band.

They could have easily changed the dates to have 2 nights in a row instead of 2 days with 1 day in between, which makes no sense. Or 1 night in one country, then a day in between and 1 night in another country. For example, the shows in Amsterdam are on April 27 and 29. They could have easily held a show on April 27 and then another show in Belgium (Brussels for example) or Germany (Cologne for example) on April 29. Not to mention that the venue in Amsterdam is the absolute worst venue in the entire country for big concerts, but that aside.....

They don't do back-to-backs anymore and haven't for quite some time. I think this style of schedule for them plus with the shorter set lengths is a way to prolong their career on the road.

By the end of next year, James, Kirk and Lars will all be 60. Lars has said before that they're all fully aware it's going to be more and more tough to play stuff like Battery and Master of Puppets once they get to this age. So, if this is the way it has to be with the schedule, it's the way it has to be.

I would've bought a ticket to two shows in my region anyway, if possible, so to me the announcement is absolutely perfect. The mention of a no repeat-setlist is exactly something that gets a fan like me to buy tickets.

Oh, and the new song is cool, I guess. I wish it was a bit longer.

They don't do back-to-backs anymore and haven't for quite some time. I think this style of schedule for them plus with the shorter set lengths is a way to prolong their career on the road.
Yes and at the expense of the fans because this schedule is pretty ridiculous. I get that they're getting older. I mean, we're on an Iron Maiden forum and we all know what it's like to see your favorite band get older.

Personally, I just think it's ridiculous that you can only buy a ticket for both shows, not for separate shows (these tickets are apparently coming in January 2023 but I think they will sell out in no time). And as I said in my post above, some people don't live near a venue. It surprises me that Metallica thinks people will drive up to 5 hours one day, then have "a day off" and then drive up to 5 hours again the day after. For me personally that would cost me around 300+ euros for a single day already not counting food or merchandise I might buy there. Let alone 2 days.....

Mark my words, there is no band that would pull this off other than Metallica. Even for Iron Maiden, such a schedule is pretty deranged. Imagine if Maiden did the same thing with the Future Past tour, have 2 concerts in the same city and then only sell 2-day tickets with a 1-day gap. I guarantee you people would lose their minds over it.

I love Metallica a lot, maybe not as much as Iron Maiden and Rammstein but they're one of my first metal bands and I'll always listen to Metallica with a smile on my face. I'm really excited for the new album but the tour is a failure in my opinion. I have a lot to spare to see my favorite bands live, but this is going too far for me.

Last edited:
Back