Judas Priest

Another song from Screaming For Vengeance - they celebrate the album's anniversary in this setlist with 5 songs from it (the title track, ''Electric Eye'', ''Riding On The Wind'', ''Devil's Child'' and ''You've Got Another Thing Comin''').

Another song from Screaming For Vengeance - they celebrate the album's anniversary in this setlist with 5 songs from it (the title track, ''Electric Eye'', ''Riding On The Wind'', ''Devil's Child'' and ''You've Got Another Thing Comin''').
It's normal : 'Screaming From Vengeance' has been released 40 years ago, in 1982. We're in 2022. They took this opportunity of their 50th anniversary tour to play these songs these year. ;) Maybe the next album tour in 2024 they'll play more song of 'Defenders Of The Faith'. :)

Maybe Judas will reunite with KK after this ongoing tour. Now they don't want to ditch Andy. Or there will be no reunion at all.

My contribution to speculation: since Glenn Tipton's wife is in the management team and Glenn being the egotistical alpha male he is said to be, KK won't probably rejoin Priest while Glenn is alive. If the latter passes away though, I wouldn't be surprised to see KK being asked to come back for the sake of the legacy of the brand (i.e nostalgia tours).

Yeah, I got the sense KK and Glenn still weren't on good terms. I just hope they've patched things up enough that KK will stop slinging shit at them in the press.
They arrived and left the venue for them self, and did not take any photos together other than a couple of group photos. But KK did with both Rob and Ritchie at least

They arrived and left the venue for them self, and did not take any photos together other than a couple of group photos. But KK did with both Rob and Ritchie at least

But then again Judas Priest already have their next album close to finished too. Maybe, the album after that will be a re-union.

But then again Judas Priest already have their next album close to finished too. Maybe, the album after that will be a re-union.
Saw Judas Priest Tuesday Night. Was overall impressed and a little surprised at
You've Got Another Thing Comin sounded more crunchy than expected. Was really impressed with Halford's growl in Halls Of Valhalla and his screaming in Screaming For Vengeance{/spoiler]

It seems Rob was happy to play with KK again. Sadly, I can't say the same about Glenn. It's KK's fault for leaving in the first place, but I can understand him.

Richie: ''I think we've used the word 'progressive', and everyone thinks it's gonna become 'Nostradamus', or Rush, which is two different things. I've definitely used the word 'progressive', purely because it's got a few musical turnarounds that 'Firepower' doesn't have. But that doesn't make it a Rush record. It just makes it — instead of, like, a verse into a bridge into a chorus, there might be a couple of more musical passages in there to make it a bit more… interesting; So it's not 'Firepower 2', but it's the same band a few years later, so there's obvious connections to the last record. But it's not 'Firepower 2' by any means. No Priest records have sounded the same, but it's got a common DNA. And you always try and make the next one sound a bit better — or whatever 'better' may be; 'better' is subjective. So, is it better written? Are the lyrics better? Does it sound better? And 'better' is always subjective. So it's hard to pinpoint, really. But it's a bit more of a musical adventure than the last one, I'd say''.

^ I'm really glad to hear that. It was about time imo.

...instead of, like, a verse into a bridge into a chorus, there might be a couple of more musical passages in there to make it a bit more… interesting

This doesn't entirely fill me with hope, as Priest have had a little problem with excess on their last few albums so this could lead to a bit of directionless meandering or overly bloated songs. But, I have faith.

Back