The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any problem paying €100 for tickets.
I also don't have a problem with that. I want to go to a show, so be it, I'll pay.

However, I have a problem with the fact that tickets in, let's say Germany, are cheaper than in Slovenia. Something is fundementally wrong there. For example, if I wasn't from Slovenia, I probably wouldn't go to this show. The travel costs combined with that ticket... And what's worse in this case, this is the only Balkan show for Serbia, Croatia, etc... Who have even lower standard and 105€ could represent 20% or so of one's monthly income.

It's a cash grab by someone.

I understand. But they still sell out. And as long as it does that, the prices are unfortunately justified as far as I am concerned.

I understand. But they still sell out. And as long as it does that, the prices are unfortunately justified as far as I am concerned.
True. Could be the promotor cashing in, because of the fact it's the 1st show of the new tour. Would make sense considering the other ticket prices in Europe.

True. Could be the promotor cashing in, because of the fact it's the 1st show of the new tour. Would make sense considering the other ticket prices in Europe.
Also as you said, it's the only show in that region. That's bound to increase the price.

How many here are going to Ljubljana by the way?

It's extremely tempting, altough getting there seems to be a pain in the ass. Also if I go, I will also do Prague before heading to Finland. And if I do go to Ljubljana I will drop the London shows.

It's extremely tempting, altough getting there seems to be a pain in the ass. Also if I go, I will also do Prague before heading to Finland. And if I do go to Ljubljana I will drop the London shows.
Well, flying to Ljubljana is usually cheaper through one of the neighbouring big cities. Then you have the Flixbus option and train.

Well, flying to Ljubljana is usually cheaper through one of the neighbouring big cities. Then you have the Flixbus option and train.
I have been looking at several options. Flying to Zagreb seems like the best choice. I won't decide until new year though.

I also don't have a problem with that. I want to go to a show, so be it, I'll pay.

However, I have a problem with the fact that tickets in, let's say Germany, are cheaper than in Slovenia. Something is fundementally wrong there. For example, if I wasn't from Slovenia, I probably wouldn't go to this show. The travel costs combined with that ticket... And what's worse in this case, this is the only Balkan show for Serbia, Croatia, etc... Who have even lower standard and 105€ could represent 20% or so of one's monthly income.

I wonder what is the main reason behind the price of the tickets…

@matic22 Sorry, finger probably slipped (Matić is most common surname in Croatia).

I agree with most of your posts, but I wanted to point out that this trend didn't started in a last year or so and it didn't start with Maiden.
I thinks it was mid-2010s when ticket prices skyrocketed (with Croatia being somewhat exception and probably some other eastern European countries). For bigger rock/metal bands (Metallica, Guns n Roses, The Rolling Stones etc.) prices for standing tickets went from 65 euros (2009) to 85 euros (2013) to over 100 euros (2016) and some of them climbing over 200 euros (2019). Funnily enough, some of this bands visited same hall/venue/stadium within two years and prices went up. In 2022/2023 we can blame pandemic and inflation but I don't remember some fundamental changes during that time that would make ticket prices go up. So what happened?

I don't know how Maiden manages their business today but during SBIT and TFF tour there was a flat fee and I don't believe I heard about percentage from ticket sales. Try to look from promoter's point of view: you book a band for a flat fee, calculate how much it will cost you with venue and rest of the itinerary, put ticket prices so that if you sell 60-70% of the tickets you're not in the red anymore. But gig happens and you sell 90% or more and in some cases you sell out the gig months before it was suppose to happen. Now, two or three years pass and that same band is touring again - who wouldn't jack up ticket prices for 10%?! And it again sells out. And then that same band comes again in couple of years...

So yeah, I probably sound like K.K. but it is like it is. I don't think it's impossible that in two years we see Maiden tickets going for 150 euros in countries where they were 100 euros for LOTB tour. I don't remember they boasted about how they price the shows, I remember Rod trying to enforce some ticketing rules to cancel out ticket-scalpers in UK for some tour (might be BOS). But no, I don't think Steve and Rod stand over a map of Europe and go "Well, fuck that country in particular!". Also, I can not imagine Dave in Miami looking at the itinerary for the tour going "What?! No Greece?! As soon as I finish my mojito Rod is going to get an angry call from me!" It's mostly down to promoters, and I can't blame them jacking up the prices for bands that they know they are going to sell out.

704ix7.jpg

I'm going if I manage to grab the tickets for front of the stage tomorrow morning.

They count in from a metronome now, so it's a bit unfair that Nicko's age is being blamed for the tempos, when it's likely that someone else in the band who has a long time issue with live tempos, and a long time lack of criticism from the fans, is likely to have been the reason for this.

I would imagine that same band member might be behind Nicko simplifying some of his drum parts live lately, wouldn’t he? ;)

Iron Maiden fan from New Zealand here. I plan my holidays around bands touring (and enjoy the northern hemisphere summer).

Went to the first Legacy concert in Tallinn in 2018, managed to get a Fan Pit ticket for Slovenia this time - didn't mind paying a little more to go to the first gig experience.....accommodation/ food /alcohol/ transport much cheaper in Slovenia rather than say the UK or Scandinavia.

Did Rammstein in Riga for the same reasons in 2019.

The extra 15 euro ticket price I'll easily save on the price of a few local beers :)

Btw, Trieste is by far the most expensive lately. It was 108€ in 2018 and that's why I didn't go.
I know this is off-topic, but I guess this is a good opportunity to ask about, since the city I live in, Trieste, was mentioned. The show in 2018 was played at Piazza Unità d'Italia. Did anybody from this Forum attended that gig? How it was to get inside? I mean, the place is an open public square, anyone can have access, so I wonder how the logistic was. From the videos I saw, the restaurants nearby were open, so I really do not have any idea how that worked. Fyi, I did not go to the show because I lived in the USA by then.

There's no front of the stage tickets in general sale for ljubljana?!
They keep popping up. Just continue refreshing the page.
I've didn't knew they divided standing tickets into left and right sector, I don't know if that's something Eventim did or will there really be barriers.

Anywho, TICKET BOUGHT!

I believe some meet-up is in order since so many people from the forum are attending Ljubljana?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back