The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
HCW is a shoe in if only because its one less song that the band have to completely relearn. Other than Wasted Years it's the only SiT song that's been played in the reunion era I think?
For the full course of a tour, yes. Stranger was played for the first two or three dates of Ed Hunter though.

HCW is a shoe in if only because its one less song that the band have to completely relearn. Other than Wasted Years it's the only SiT song that's been played in the reunion era I think?

It's only been played on one tour during the last 24 years.

HCW will definitely be played, I'll die on this hill. Getting people on the stage is irrelevant and just a gimmick.

There was only ever one tour where it was a "fan" thing, all the other tours was roadies/people with backstage passes/support bands etc. Pretty sure you can see Tom Araya on the Donington 92 video. So if the crew don't want fans there then they'll just do it old school.

CSIT - 50/50... 60/40 to be played.
Wasted Year - 100%
Sea Of Madness - better chance than Deja-Vu or even HCW (because of the fans). 80%
HCW - 50/50.
Long Distance Runner - no chance.
SIASL - 100%
Deja- Vu - no big chance, especially if they play ATG.
ATG - it has a better chance than CSIT. 99% wow.

ATG = 100% as it seems to be what prompted the tour.

WY, HCW and SIASL also 100% as they are classics.

The only bit up for discussion for me is whether it's CSIT or Sea of Madness that is the fifth choice. Reckon 90:10 in favour of CSIT.

It's only been played on one tour during the last 24 years.
I think the more relevant statistic is that it was last played 14 years ago so it's absolutely a song they'd have to relearn, but it's entirely possible they already did that when it was up for consideration in 2018, meaning it'd be a lot easier than trying to learn Sea of Madness or something again. Especially since that song would also need some arranging to account for a third guitar part.

It's WAY more solid than any of the hints we had before the tour. Features quite prominently in the promo video.

5 SiT, 5 Senjutsu, 5/6 of the standards would hit about 1 hour 45 depending on the specific songs. Their setlists are normally 15/16 songs.
I was adding up the lengths of potential setlist tracks too. If their set is a similar length to this year it does restrict how much of people's wish lists will be played.

ATG = 100% as it seems to be what prompted the tour.

WY, HCW and SIASL also 100% as they are classics.

The only bit up for discussion for me is whether it's CSIT or Sea of Madness that is the fifth choice. Reckon 90:10 in favour of CSIT.

Curious on the reasoning here. Other than the fans asking for it every odd tour, I have never seen any interview from the band showing that they foresee playing Alexander any time in the future. Bruce playing with a plastic clarinet was the closest they ever showed to be interested in resurrecting it.

Considering the teaser, promo material so far and the quotes in the announcement, it seems that what prompted the tour was just the desire for the cyberpunk scenario and a homage to the album that was more or less stuck between two classics that got their own remembrance tours in the last decade (Powerslave/SSoaSS). Caught Somewhere in Time is far more of a certain than Alexander IMO.

Count me in as team CSiT. Sea of Madness is a great song (doesn't quite hold a candle to Caught Somewhere in Time though) - but there's quite a few soaring vocal parts that would be just as hard (if not harder) than the high vocal parts in CSiT.

Also, Bruce gets less time to rest between verses/choruses in Sea of Madness. Not to mention that only the choruses of CSiT are really difficult to pull off (vocally) and Bruce mostly repeats the same melody several times in a row (Aces High has more variation within the high vocal range than CSiT, for example).

As for Nicko, there's some pretty sick fills in SoM, but I'd agree with the majority of the forumers here that CSiT is more difficult from a drumming perspective. I don't believe that CSiT is considerably more difficult from a vocal perspective than SoM is however.

And vocals and/or drumming experts that could affirm or deny my theories? I think there's a greater than 90% chance that we will hear the epic, crushing, and brutally melodic CSiT live on the next tour. And I'm happier than words can describe.

Curious on the reasoning here. Other than the fans asking for it every odd tour, I have never seen any interview from the band showing that they foresee playing Alexander any time in the future. Bruce playing with a plastic clarinet was the closest they ever showed to be interested in resurrecting it.

Considering the teaser, promo material so far and the quotes in the announcement, it seems that what prompted the tour was just the desire for the cyberpunk scenario and a homage to the album that was more or less stuck between two classics that got their own remembrance tours in the last decade (Powerslave/SSoaSS). Caught Somewhere in Time is far more of a certain than Alexander IMO.

Nicko basically comfirmed that they are gonna attempt ATG during (then he called it) Senjutsu tour.

Also, the reason for this hybrid tour, IMO, is because they wanted to play SIASL and ATG. A lot of things point to that. And Rod said "Bloody play WY and HCW too then and we can bloody do a bloody hybrid tour and bloody sell out big bloody places".

I really really hope they do a proper BluRay video release of this upcoming tour. It’s shit enough we didn’t get one for Book of Souls and Legacy. But goddamn it, if you’re gonna play the one song everyone wants and has never been played, you better film that shit!!

Nicko basically comfirmed that they are gonna attempt ATG during (then he called it) Senjutsu tour.

Also, the reason for this hybrid tour, IMO, is because they wanted to play SIASL and ATG. A lot of things point to that. And Rod said "Bloody play WY and HCW too then and we can bloody do a bloody hybrid tour and bloody sell out big bloody places".

Just read the Nicko interview and I gotta confess I did not remember he was lobbying for Alexander for so long.

I gotta think that someone in the band isn't a huge fan of the song, akin to the whole Flight of Icarus debacle. Maybe Icarus working so well softened the moods. I won't complain, I love Alexander (even if I will probably be unable to attend the tour, unless they do a 2nd leg in Europe in 24, which I do not think it will be likely), I'm just thinking which song will get the axe here.

Just read the Nicko interview and I gotta confess I did not remember he was lobbying for Alexander for so long.

I gotta think that someone in the band isn't a huge fan of the song, akin to the whole Flight of Icarus debacle. Maybe Icarus working so well softened the moods. I won't complain, I love Alexander (even if I will probably be unable to attend the tour, unless they do a 2nd leg in Europe in 24, which I do not think it will be likely), I'm just thinking which song will get the axe here.
It was a Titanium Tart show.

With Maiden's track record thats what worrys me, NOTHING is set in stone until they sit down rehearse the song and feel comfortable with it, they simply wont play it just to please the fan demand if the band are not feeling it, all it will take is a 'didnt work' explanation AKA Infinite Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back