Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

£65 is the RRP. Wait a while for the price to drop on Amazon etc. Additionally, vinyl prices have gone up due to global supply issues and probably Brexit.

I got the cassette in Dublin for €13, which was significantly cheaper than what was available online, plus no postal charge, so hopefully the same happens again with this release

£65 mate, £65. On the official Fan Club forum someone has already mentioned that the asking price is 82€ in Finland.
Bit too pricey for my liking. I can afford it but just don’t think there’s enough value to me to justify £65. Already got NOTB on vinyl and BOH on cd in Eddie’s archives. This would just be a nice little collectors piece.

If I see it under £50 anywhere I might take the plunge.

So it's finally starting happen..this way this means that we will get some further releases and such..
Let's hope so.

Killers + Maiden Japan (full concert)
Piece Of Mind + live album from 1983
Somewhere In Time + live album from 1986
A Matter Of Life And Death + live album from 2006
The Final Frontier + live album from 2010
They knew when to stop back then, it would be over 90 had it been released today
Some of the Reunion albums (as a whole piece) are better than some of the 80's albums imo, so...

Let's hope so.

Killers + Maiden Japan (full concert)
Agreed.
Piece Of Mind + live album from 1983
I guess there's already Dortmund but I don't believe it has an official vinyl or CD release.
Somewhere In Time + live album from 1986
Yup.
A Matter Of Life And Death + live album from 2006
Again, I agree.
The Final Frontier + live album from 2010
There's already a live album from the TFF tour.

5f20436aeea1f64d8b808df0_iron maiden en vivo.jpg

If we're now talking fantasy releases then I'd love for them to go down the deluxe boxset route. Every classic album re-released with a Steve Wilson or Kevin Shirley remix. Especially on IM and the 90's albums which have always needed a proper production.

Extras up the wazoo. Rare alternative takes, b-sides, unreleased live material or remastered bootleg stuff. New artwork, an accompanying booklet. Making-Of dvds?

All this stuff is sitting in the Maiden vaults collecting dust instead of money.

Wow. Is NOTB only 39 mins? I always thought of it as a longer album.
Generally speaking, album lengths used to max out around 40min due to the realities of vinyl production making going much over that difficult. NotB is standard album length for the time. Fear of the Dark is Maiden's first "real" CD album and it's definitely not a coincidence suddenly the album's got 12 tracks and a running time of 58 minutes.

If we're now talking fantasy releases then I'd love for them to go down the deluxe boxset route. Every classic album re-released with a Steve Wilson or Kevin Shirley remix. Especially on IM and the 90's albums which have always needed a proper production.

Extras up the wazoo. Rare alternative takes, b-sides, unreleased live material or remastered bootleg stuff. New artwork, an accompanying booklet. Making-Of dvds?

All this stuff is sitting in the Maiden vaults collecting dust instead of money.
'The X Factor' and 'Virtual XI' have been already remastered in 2015, for iTunes. So the mastering is better than on the original versions. ;)

I would like Maiden to re-release 'Dance Of Death' with a new artwork and also the Rock In Rio 2001 DVD. And yeah, it would be nice to see the band also release the both Blaze albums remixed and remastered on CDs. :) Nevertheless, I think that the band won't do that. Instead, they could release a live CD/DVD of Somewhere On Tour, that would be awesome. :cool:

Last edited:
Edit: IMHO the decision to replace Gangland with Total Eclipse is quite stupid...
Absolutely agree. Wtf is doing Steve replacing gangland because they choose wrong 40 years ago?
I love Total Eclipse but I also love Gangland. I like the things like the begining. Don’t touch anything . History is history.
Wait if his friend is behind this remaster and freaking thing. Because both can ruin the prestige of the band.

Anyway, why they release this right now? In the anniversary of somewhere in time?

I’m afraid this could be the first of series of triple vinyls . The LP and a Live double vinyl.

Why they didn’t released anything in the Killers 40th anniversary ?

Absolutely agree. Wtf is doing Steve replacing gangland because they choose wrong 40 years ago?
I love Total Eclipse but I also love Gangland. I like the things like the begining. Don’t touch anything . History is history.
Wait if his friend is behind this remaster and freaking thing. Because both can ruin the prestige of the band.

Anyway, why they release this right now? In the anniversary of somewhere in time?

I’m afraid this could be the first of series of triple vinyls . The LP and a Live double vinyl.

Why they didn’t released anything in the Killers 40th anniversary ?

This is being released because it is the 40th anniversary of their most iconic and groundbreaking album. ;)

Celebrating the anniversary of Somewhere in Time is merely a fantasy in the mind of some fans. :D

I’ll be the controversial voice on this and say that I’m fine with them changing the track order. I definitely understand that it’s a bit revisionist and doesn’t represent the album as most of us know it, so I don’t blame people for being upset about it.

With that being said, they already reissued the album on vinyl in its original form and that version is still in print. Anyone willing to shell out £65 for this probably already bought the 2015 press. And if not it’s there for you to buy. I’m guessing this will be the same master (which I actually didn’t love, but oh well).

The main event is a black vinyl press of Beast Over Hammersmith, that’s a first and I consider it the best live album of the 80s. The price seems way out there, but you can already get Senjutsu heavily discounted so I would just hold out for a price cut.

I got the cassette in Dublin for €13, which was significantly cheaper than what was available online, plus no postal charge, so hopefully the same happens again with this release

Just picked it up for €74 from the same place, €2 bus fare to pick it up beats shipping charges from anywhere else significantly too.

Back