DIO

The video is idiotic though.

Howard Jones has just the right sort of voice for the song. He's very underrated as a vocalist, probably due to the sort of music he's chosen to make. I know a lot of "traditional Metal elitists" get really upset about that cover, but that's probably because it's great and they can't accept it.

The video is idiotic though.

Howard Jones has just the right sort of voice for the song. He's very underrated as a vocalist, probably due to the sort of music he's chosen to make. I know a lot of "traditional Metal elitists" get really upset about that cover, but that's probably because it's great and they can't accept it.

Agreed on all accounts, although most fans I know acknowledge the quality of their cover. Howard Jones is a beast, he just doesn't seem to be the best songwriter (or ally himself with the best songwriters). Wish he did a more traditional metal band so he could show off his melodic range more.

I just heard Strange Highways for the first time and it blew me away. Such a dark and heavy album with phenomenal vocals and guitar work. Definitely my favorite Dio album at this point. There are a couple that I haven't yet heard but it's unlikely that they can reach a level this high.

I just heard Strange Highways for the first time and it blew me away. Such a dark and heavy album with phenomenal vocals and guitar work. Definitely my favorite Dio album at this point. There are a couple that I haven't yet heard but it's unlikely that they can reach a level this high.
It's such a cool album. Definitely not my favorite (or as good as Lock Up The Wolves), but still really cool and dark.

Back