• Iron Maiden

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Brave New World

Votes: 32 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dick Brucinson

Dave Sustaine
Great, by SSOASS winning against Senjutsu the first round got completed. :) So from now on we will take a closer look to all the winning albums.

Here we start round #2:

Iron Maiden/The Debut vs. Brave New World - which is the better album? :devil2:

The well-known rules: 24 hours time to vote, poll results again can't be viewed before having voted, once casted vote cannot be changed, poll will be closed after 24 hours for then the next comparison will start.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RESULTS FROM ROUND #1:
A Matter Of Life And Death 77% (Killers 23%)
The Book Of Souls 74% (Dance Of Death 26%)
Fear Of The Dark 69% (Virtual XI 31%)
Brave New World 61% (The Number Of The Beast 39%)
The Final Frontier 55% (The X Factor 45%)
Piece Of Mind 53% (Senjutsu 47%)
Iron Maiden 57% (No Prayer For The Dying 43%)
Powerslave 58% (Somewhere In Time 42%)
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son 76% (Senjutsu 24%)

Last edited:
The debut of the band vs the debut of the reunion era. BNW takes it because all those additional years song writing experience help create a top 3 Maiden album for me.

RESULTS FROM ROUND #1:
A Matter Of Life And Death 77% (Killers 23%)
The Book Of Souls 74% (Dance Of Death 26%)
Fear Of The Dark 69% (Virtual XI 31%)
Brave New World 61% (The Number Of The Beast 74%)
The Final Frontier 55% (The X Factor 45%)
Piece Of Mind 53% (Senjutsu 47%)
Iron Maiden 57% (No Prayer For The Dying 43%)
Powerslave 58% (Somewhere In Time 42%)
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son 76% (Senjutsu 24%)
It's a Scandal!

Brave New World, for me. Iron Maiden is a great debut-album, but the sound is very weird. It contains only classics and a song that I really love ("Strange World"). But, BNW is the album of renewal, of rebirth and the production is extremely powerful with only killer tracks. That's why I choose the first record of the reunion-era.

BNW has the higher peaks for me (BB, TFA, TWM) but drops off fairly heavily and also contains my least favourite Maiden song bar none (The Nomad). The debut is consistently enjoyable and varied throughout so it has my vote.

BNW has the higher peaks for me (BB, TFA, TWM) but drops off fairly heavily and also contains my least favourite Maiden song bar none (The Nomad). The debut is consistently enjoyable and varied throughout so it has my vote.
Funny how different music tastes we have, but are still enjoying Iron Maiden's music one way or another. IMO The Nomad alone is better than the sum of the first two albums- excluding Phantom of the Opera.

I’ve never been a big fan of the debut, so a good but uneven album like Brave New World is still more than enough to beat it.

Brave New World
You already notice on the debut that Steve has a knack for rhythm shifts, but it's all much more skillfully done on later albums.

Back