Nicko McBrain

Maybe they'll bring it like this:
"Yeah, we could not do the whole album, because we already had some other huge epics, for instance Alexander the Great."
:D

Maybe they'll bring it like this:
"Yeah, we could not do the whole album, because we already had some other huge epics, for instance Alexander the Great."
:D

I think them saying “Sorry we could not play Alexander the Great, but we wanted to play the whole of Senjutsu instead” is much more likely…

Nicko also played....... * drumfill *

INFINITE DREAMS!

Man I hope Maiden will do this. Someone, send this to 'Arry / the band!
Speaking of ''Infinite Dreams'', Nicko said (in one of his shows) that this song is one of his favorites from SSOASS, iirc. He loves it.

Edit: we were so close to hear this great song during the Maiden England tour. The chorus has tricky vocals for Bruce, especially if the song would have been in the encores and maybe that's why they dropped it.
Some footage of Nicko's first (out of 4) warm-up gig before LOTB tour:

^ I forgot to mention a few more curious things:

No new songs in the set, because Steve said he had to debut them with Maiden first. That's why ''Alexander The Great'' is not in his setlist too.

The hardest song for him to play is ''Powerslave''.

Last edited:
Speaking of ''Infinite Dreams'', Nicko said (during one of his shows) that this song is one of his favorites from SSOASS, iirc. He loves it.

^ I forgot to mention a few more curious things:

No new songs in the set, because Steve said he had to debut them with Maiden first. That's why ''Alexander The Great'' is not in his setlist too.

The hardest song for him to play is ''Powerslave''.

Steve didn’t seem to mind them playing The Writing on the Wall live at a previous gig…

Damn it. It's like a monographic. Nice pictures from Berlin.
Merci beaucoup pour l'article du magazin. Je ne parle pas français mais je comprends certains des mots et des phrases.

Happy Birthday To Nicko! 70 :nana:

The cake was made by Finnish Maiden fan, it's on the news here:
Quickly translated the main points (and removed general Iron Maiden info at the end) from google:
Aura Niiranen from Hyvinkää received the most generous job offer of her baking career so far: She was asked to bake a birthday cake for Iron Maiden drummer Nicko McBrain, who is 70 years old.

18-year-old Aura Niiranen has spent a long day under school. In demand in her home region, the young bakery entrepreneur has received a lot of orders to conjure up all kinds of tastings for various graduation parties.

After all, she couldn't wait for one cake order. It was broadcast by the British Iron Maiden - one of the most legendary metal bands of all time.

Namely, the band's drummer Nicko McBrain will turn 70 next year on Sunday. The band will celebrate the rounds of their performers today, culminating in the sold-out Saturday of the Rockfest festival in Hyvinkää - and enjoying cake coffees.

- A representative of the band had asked if there was a bakery in Hyvinkää where you could order a birthday cake. I then made a couple of phone calls and got confirmation that this unique offer really fell for me, Niiranen says.

She has been running his own bakery called Oispa cake since the fall of 2020.

Niiranen describes his mood as “quite absurd”.

- It's pretty awkward to describe. After all, I could never have imagined baking something for such a world-famous band.

After all, Niiranen is a passionate Iron Maiden fan himself.

- I've been digging for six years. Through my father I found a band!

What kind of cake for a drummer legend then came?

- The band expressed the wish that the cake should be in the shape of a snare drum and that it could taste chocolate and vanilla.

- The cake had a chocolate base, then chocolate mousse and vanilla cream. I used raspberries for decoration.

The drum cake was completed on a fast schedule in two days as the surprise order fell into Niiranen’s arms in the midst of all the other graduation rushes. On Friday, the processing stretched until the wee hours.

But it was worth it, Niiranen glows.

- I just said that if Iron Maiden orders a cake from me, that's the way to do it!

During Saturday, Niiranen finished decorating the cake.

- I am very satisfied with the result! After making these cakes for a while, you will develop a certain routine and you will be ready on a short schedule.

Luckily for the whole weekend, Niiranen doesn’t have to squirm her fingers in flour: Of course, she’s going to listen to a concert of a heavy rock legend he admires at the end of the evening.

- This is my first time. That’s why it’s still so great here that they perform in my hometown.

At the moment, however, it seems that Niiranen will not be able to meet the heavy veterans in person.

- But I got to send them a video greeting, that too was already something!

And if Niiranen's weekend wasn't already solemn enough, she has also graduated as a student today.

- However, those parties will not be held until a week later, when this has been such a crazy weekend. Yes, I would still say that baking a cake for Maiden is an even tougher thing than finishing!

Last edited:
Back