LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course Tony Newton doesn't have anything to do with this (and recording/mixing/mastering engineers and live engineers are different occupations. Few people do both live and recording at a higher level). I guess he could be on the crew, same as anybody, but definitely not as the main PA sytem guy or FOH engineering.
And Tony Newton is not bad at what he does, he just isn't A-league material. Yeah, NoTD isn't that great - there are some weird choices, but a portion of that are the result of the mastering, not the mixing. The vinyl is noticably better, it isn't headache inducing like the CD. That being said, it is by far the worst (or rather, only relatively bad) reunion era live release, production and performance wise.

Last edited:
Of course Tony Newton doesn't have anything to do with this (and recording/mixing/mastering engineers and live engineers are different occupations. Few people do both live and recording at a higher level). I guess he could be on the crew, same as anybody, but definitely not as the main PA sytem guy or FOH engineering.
And Tony Newton is not bad at what he does, he just isn't A-league material. Yeah, NoTD isn't that great - there are some weird choices, but a portion of that are the result of the mastering, not the mixing. The vinyl is noticably better, it isn't headache inducing like the CD. That being said, it is by far the worst (or rather, only relatively bad) reunion era live release, production and performance wise.
Yes, NoTD was a huge disappointment. And this is from a Maiden Fanboy :D

That being said, it is by far the worst (or rather, only relatively bad) reunion era live release, production and performance wise.
I don't think Nights Of The Dead is that bad, it's good enough for me, but I agree with you. It's still better than some of the performances in A Real Live Dead One albums imo.

That's just bad. That song shouldn't be anywhere near the setlist anymore never mind in the encores, I'm sad to admit. I just don't think Bruce is up to it anymore, and it's nothing to be ashamed of he is 64 after all. They need to start being realistic with their setlists.

Shove in Tailgunner or something instead if you must insist on using the inflatable.

I do not think Jacqueline is ready to admit defeat.

Jan is good, but still random on certain points (e.g. Revelations solo is a true shame for any decent guitarist).

He lacks precision and tone emphasis. "Technically" he's the best of the pack but this might be exactly what "buried" him on those attributes.

Yes, NoTD was a huge disappointment. And this is from a Maiden Fanboy :D
From what I've heard of Bruce on this leg of the tour (granted it's still very early), I wouldn't even be mad if Maiden did a do-over for a live album from the Legacy tour and recorded and released a 2022 Legacy live album. He sounds a LOT better than in 2019, IMO, and not just NotD.

I've been skimming that video, I think Bruce and the band sound good. Wish I could attend Gothenburg, but as KK Downing says, it is what it is.

From what I've heard of Bruce on this leg of the tour (granted it's still very early), I wouldn't even be mad if Maiden did a do-over for a live album from the Legacy tour and recorded and released a 2022 Legacy live album. He sounds a LOT better than in 2019, IMO, and not just NotD.
Bruce sounds better now than in 2019, but the setlist for the previous two legs was better imo. Yeah, I want the Senjutsu songs (hope at least one of them will be streamed by Download or Rock In Rio), but save the next live album/video release to be from the album tour. We already have a live album from LOTB tour... and what's more curious - if they will release a video concert after the tour? I hope so.

The only back-to-back live albums from more or less the same tour were the ones for FOTD album.

Bruce sounds better now than in 2019, but the setlist for the previous two legs was better imo. Yeah, I want the Senjutsu songs (hope at least one of them will be streamed by Download or Rock In Rio), but save the next live album/video release to be from the album tour. We already have a live album from LOTB tour... and what's more curious - if they will release a video concert after the tour? I hope so.

The only back-to-back live albums from more or less the same tour were the ones for FOTD album.

The setlist in 2018-2019 was significantly better!

In my opinion, Bruce still sounds great, especially when compared to other singers whose vocals have significantly deteriorated over the last 20 years such as Axl Rose who sounds like an asthmatic Bee Gee when he sings now.

Anyway, here is the full Lithuania gig in HD....

This is by far one of the best performances in the last decade. The band sounds tight, Bruce is nailing almost every note with full intensity, the improvs are excellent... Man it's really awesome to listen to Maiden sounding this good live again! The difference four days resting make.

Janick hasn't been enjoyable for me to watch and listen to (live) since the FOTD tour. His style kind of matched NPFTD and his live performances then were quite accurate. To be honest I never cared for the accuracy but his live improvisations are dreadful for the most part (H changes his solos and they still are ajoy to listen to).

Last edited:
Janick hasn't been enjoyable for me to watch and listen to (live) since the FOTD tour. His style kind of matched NPFTD and his live performances then were quite accurate. To be honest I never cared for the accurancy (H changes his solos and they still are ajoy to listen to).

For me, it depends how much Janick wants to wing it, which is sometimes very bad. But, I'd like to say that his playing from 2010-2017 was very enjoyable and he was quite precise. On LOTB, he started winging some solos again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back