LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which makes the decision to continue the legacy tour into North America a real odd decision, they didn't have to add new dates there and continue dragging it out.

They could have easily had the Senjutsu stage ready for the second half of the year, the basic idea is already being used. How hard can it really be to transition to a new show a month after ending legacy in Europe? With better planning they could have easily spent a couple of weeks jamming the entire new album and having the show ready to go.its not as tho they havnt done that before gimme ed into dance of death the same year for example.

Now they are gonna have to. Be in auto pilot longer because of there own doing
I agree the Fall part this year should be a proper Senjutsu tour. I know we will get it next year. They added these dates to make up for 2 years of lost time/touring revenue. Touring and merch that's how they make most of their money these days.

I would prefer - at this stage in their career, if they did one best of tour and then a "new material' one.

One might say that this is what they are doing....but I do not think this is completely true. I dont see why we need to have the same songs closing the set. NOTB, RTTH,IM, The trooper and so on.....were played to death already.
Sure Tallica play the standard tunes but they play 2:30 hours shows. Sometimes even longer than that. they also play around with the playlist from gig to gig. So it shouldn't be that difficult after all, who really cares about the backdrops in 2022.
All in all the new show is ok , but it has been years since I lost my interest in the same old songs.
Don't think Metallica has been playing 2 1/2 hour shows for a bit now. Hetfield has gone on record as saying his body can't take that anymore.

Just got back from the show. The sound was a 7/10 due to the amp systems, it’s quite common for shows in Romania unfortunately. The guys, however, sounded amazing. Bruce is a beast - he carried on at his best to the end, Aces included. I have already seen LOTB in Athens in 2018, but I’m truly happy that I got the chance to see this again in a slightly different format. Not my favorite setlist, things are not perfect - never will be, but to me there is nothing to complain about. These guys are (still) running full steam and I am grateful that I can witness that.

2:58

I know Dave isn't quite as popular as Adrian nowadays. But man, can we just appreciate how fast he still is on the guitar at 65? We talk about Bruce or Nicko slowing down or showing signs of aging in their performance. But if there's anyone who hasn't lost an ounce of energy, intensity and speed, it has to be Dave.
Too much time watching the tv and practicing the legato meanwhile he smiles.

Which makes the decision to continue the legacy tour into North America a real odd decision, they didn't have to add new dates there and continue dragging it out.

They could have easily had the Senjutsu stage ready for the second half of the year, the basic idea is already being used. How hard can it really be to transition to a new show a month after ending legacy in Europe? With better planning they could have easily spent a couple of weeks jamming the entire new album and having the show ready to go.its not as tho they havnt done that before gimme ed into dance of death the same year for example.

Now they are gonna have to. Be in auto pilot longer because of there own doing
That's right phrase "dragging it out". You can see desire in them to be on that stage for us, but you can also see they want something new and different. Whole world is starting new life after covid restrictions and carantions, but maiden goes back to four year old tour!? With new and great album out, i don't understand this decision at all. Just no logic in it for me.

Just got back from the show. The sound was a 7/10 due to the amp systems, it’s quite common for shows in Romania unfortunately. The guys, however, sounded amazing. Bruce is a beast - he carried on at his best to the end, Aces included. I have already seen LOTB in Athens in 2018, but I’m truly happy that I got the chance to see this again in a slightly different format. Not my favorite setlist, things are not perfect - never will be, but to me there is nothing to complain about. These guys are (still) running full steam and I am grateful that I can witness that.
I feel very fortunate my all time favorite band is still kicking ass and staying relevant after 40+ years. They can still put out Top 10 albums and sell out stadiums and arenas all over the world.

Glad you enjoyed! Apsolutely agree with you - they still rock and put out great show, no matter they're age. Agree about setlist - not their best one. I mean, there's really nothing that much wrong until you reach encores - war part does not belong there at all.

Relax. It's going a bit far comparing Bruce to Putin just because he talks about the opening shows in a positive way.
Poor Bruce, he's so obviously sick and tired of the spitfire and the entire Legacy thing, but "Putin" has booked him yet another 50something shows under the inflatable plane. A bit of defense minister here, not to be confused with the real boss :)

Relax. It's going a bit far comparing Bruce to Putin just because he talks about the opening shows in a positive way.
[IM logo and Legacy of the Beast 22 logo flash onto screen]

"We were fucking shit. Setlist? Shit. Plane? Shit. Icarus? Shit. Senjutsu? Shit. H's bandana? Shit. Leather trousers? Shit. Janick's dancing? Shit. It's all shit, really."

So happy for you and everybody who was and will be enjoying this summer in our mighty Maiden!

"We were fucking shit. Setlist? Shit. Plane? Shit. Icarus? Shit. Senjutsu? Shit. H's bandana? Shit. Leather trousers? Shit. Janick's dancing? Shit. It's all shit, really."

Reminds me of all the shit people give Nicko when he says invariably their newest album is the best they've every done.

What do you want him to do, come out and say "Nah, Powerslave was better. Don't bother buying this new one."

2:58

I know Dave isn't quite as popular as Adrian nowadays. But man, can we just appreciate how fast he still is on the guitar at 65? We talk about Bruce or Nicko slowing down or showing signs of aging in their performance. But if there's anyone who hasn't lost an ounce of energy, intensity and speed, it has to be Dave.
Dave is amazing. And guitar sound live is better than ever for all 3. Pure Maiden bliss

So I just listened to the Zagreb recording and fuck me. I already felt it was slowed down significantly back in 2012, but now it sounds like it's played on a walkman with low battery. I'm not even saying it's a bad thing, it's definitely easier on Bruce and he still sounds quite good here, but it really is a noticeable difference.

So true. They now have a set that plods at the start and at the end!

I've also really noticed how little he's moving around in the show, even now they're a few dates in and one would think he's gotten more comfy with the set- aside from some shenanigans with Eddie in a couple tunes, he's basically just staring at Nicko when he's not singing on most tunes. Really odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back