LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevermind just saw it on youtube, man that one high note he does on the second run of the chorus is what I crave the most and he cannot do it at this point of the show

Can’t disagree there. I think the band (and they think) have a few more years left in them though. Perhaps Nicko may rethink things after this tour. It seems like this will be the longest leg they’ve done in some time (I could be wrong, not back checking). Will see. I’m just thankful for whatever Maiden we have left.
Nicko is ok. The whole band is
Ok like 2006 better than book of souls tour.

Aces high at the end of the show is just crazy
in 2018, he nailed it as the opening song, that very high note(not the final scream, the second more high pitched part of the chorus) is just sonic dopamine. I very much regret that I will not be hearing that this year

Having watched a full show it is odd seeing Bruce have next to no interaction with the audience, its like hes decided the only time hes going to use his voice is to sing and thats it, other than a brief speech before blood brothers. but gone are the screeaaam for meees and any other thing he usually says to get the crowd going.
very noticable during revelations where hes usually all over the crowd to get them going, this time choses to spend most the instrumental section standing on the drum riser etc

HAH! I just realized I misspelled Nicko's name earlier, I must have been thinking of the Velvet Underground singer at the time. Apologies to Nicko.

Having watched a full show it is odd seeing Bruce have next to no interaction with the audience, its like hes decided the only time hes going to use his voice is to sing and thats it, other than a brief speech before blood brothers. but gone are the screeaaam for meees and any other thing he usually says to get the crowd going.
very noticable during revelations where hes usually all over the crowd to get them going, this time choses to spend most the instrumental section standing on the drum riser etc

He did say on his book tour that speaking and singing use different vocal muscles and one is bad for the other. So maybe at this point in his career, he is saving the voice for hitting the notes?

Stratego and Writing on the Wall from tonights gig sounded excellent at least. Bruce seems very into the new songs. He even did a little jump at the end of Stratego, and there is a scream for me at the beginning of WOTW. I have always imagined he would do one at that exact moment, and he did. Great minds think alike and all that

As far as I remember, Bruce was sick in Oslo in 2011. His voice did not recover and some of the UK shows at the end of the tour were pretty substandard.
Worst I have heard Bruce by far. Still enjoyed the gig though, but his voice was completely fucked

Listen from 1:50

Overall, I can't say it was anything other than amazing. Talking about performances, I think whole band gave 200% and Bruce, at least from what I heard, sounded stunning and powerful. He hit all/most of the high notes, but on Aces High he was playing safe and did not hit that epic scream at the end.
Talking about the setlist, it stayed the same - no any variations or anything. Most of the people (around me at least) already knew the setlist from the Zagreb show, so they expected at least one more after Aces High, but what can you do...
All though amazing experience I had, I have/had 2 issues about the show:
1) Bruce did not talk to audience at all:
Everything we got from Bruce was "Scream for me, Belgrade!". He did also say while bass riff in Blood Brothers was going on that "No matter who you are, you are part of one big family..." that kind of thing that he says at every show, but in between the songs - nothing. Also, I think Bruce was a bit bored at some moments/songs. I don't know is it problem in me, because I imagined Bruce to be like in all those DVDs (RIR, DOTR, EV!), but looks like times have changed...
2) The Trooper incident:
Yeah, Bruce didn't sing half of the verse and forgot to raise Serbian flag. I really wanted to see that, but yeah... Also, I noticed that Samurai Eddie came out when Adrian's second solo started (in Senjutsu), so Eddie was on stage for about 30/40 seconds...

After all, unforgettable experience and definitely great show to be my first one. :)

I still remember at my show on the second leg when he failed to come onstage during WED till they were in the second chorus. Instead of being disappointing it was a highlight of the concert experience. Shit happens and it makes for a nice little memory.
I was there on the lawn in Bristow, VA. I thought Bruce had a wardrobe problem or something, but later found out he had an ear monitor malfunction.
It was a cool experience that I will remember for a long time.

I was there on the lawn in Bristow, VA. I thought Bruce had a wardrobe problem or something, but later found out he had an ear monitor malfunction.
It was a cool experience that I will remember for a long time.
I was inside the amphitheater but in the last few rows of seats. When Bruce didn’t come in right away I started to wonder if they were make a change to the way they played the song, and then became worried that he had had a spill and the show was gonna be stopped cuz the frontman needed medical attention. And then at last there he jogged onto the stage, in the middle of the second chorus, only to start the first one and continue the second verse before realizing his error. “Fuck it, just watch the film,” he said, or something like that, and sauntered back down. Chad moment. So fucking funny. The single most memorable moment during the whole show (and there were many memorable moments).

This is not good vocally. At least it seems that they picked up the tempo a tad.

At least H played the Revelations solo again...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back