LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts:

Senjutsu realm looks fantastic!

Bruce and Nicko (I love his new drum kit) and the whole band sound great, as I expected.

Senjutsu sounds awesome live. Bruce nailed it, it's an effective opener and Adrian's 2nd solo is wow live. I knew Bruce would sing it in front of the stage.
Stratego sounds great faster.
TWOTW is also a very good live song.
Aces High should not be the last song in the set, it's too challenging. 4 songs as encores was a surprise, Clansman there is odd too.
Kudos for keeping the two Blaze songs.
I love Blood Brothers, but it was played fairly recently.
The setlist is short and it is interesting that they start with slower songs and then at the end the songs are faster (strange flow). The themes of the worlds are saved, only Blood Brothers is out of place in the religion set. I think they could have played one more song - Wicker Man or maybe Clairvoyant or HCW (both were in the 2018 tour poster hints) and the setlist to be more interesting they should have changed another of the old classics - I personally would have been satisfied with Blood Brothers, ATSS and SIASL (something from SIT!).
Btw, I'm not that surprised they dropped TETMD and 2MTM (since they were not played during TBOS too)... ok, I thought 2MTM will stay. FTGGOG, Wicker Man and WED were expected, but why you remove 5 songs from the setlist and add only 4 songs? Maybe there will be some changes to the setlist...

The backdrop for Blood Brothers should have been with BNW Eddie. Come on, guys.
The backdrop for TWOTW was a bit different from the ones for the other two new songs (two clocks were added). I think the backdrops of the 3 new songs will be the same for the album tour (if they don't change the whole stage set).
Aces High also has a new backdrop.
Trooper is with the original backdrop (again).
They used the 2022 tour poster as a backdrop for RTTH. I knew it!
The stained glass Eddies were not changed from the ones in 2019.

I'm really happy that the band is on tour again. All in all, this 3rd leg of LOTB is more interesting (mainly because of the new songs) from the 3rd leg of ME tour.

Really happy about the way the new songs sound live. Even with the poor sound quality that is!

For the 2nd time in the band's history, new songs debuted during a Hits tour (Give Me Ed tour was the first one).

Ok from this angle the inflatable Pagoda towers do look a bit naff... hope they've got some sturdier ones next year :lol:
I agree - instead it had to be drawn on the backdrop imo. There is a nice big kodo drum (behind Nicko) for the Senjutsu songs though. It reminds me the stage prop for IESF.

Attachments

• kodo drum.jpg
    kodo drum.jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
my guess is that: they added blood brothers so that bruce can make a decent speech about how humanity and maiden family :)) ) overcame the plague etc... does anyone know before which song bruce spoke? and the context of the speech?

The reason it sounds bad on N.O.T.D.L.O.T.B.L.I.M.C. is because they didn’t give a single fuck when putting the record together. Bruce sounded great elsewhere on the tour, and the sound was awesome. The live album captured none of that. One of their most disappointing releases ever.
Bruce had some infection on his vocal cords a this time that begun in USA. That's why he didn't sound great on this live album. Moreover the mix and the mastering by Tony Newton and Ade Emsley are weird. They aren't powerful or really clear... That explains why this album is "meh"... Added to the fact that the band recorded a three nights show and put them together is another point why this record is bizarre...

They done Aces High during this tour already. Recently also during Maiden England World Tour and Somewhere Back in Time World Tour. Now that they decided to do a second encore they should put rare stuff in that position. How about they go rogue, rotate Alexander the Great, Infinite Dreams, Stranger in a Strange Land, Bring Your Daughter and The Talisman in that position? We are lucky if we got 4 more years with this lineup. Time to play the the real rarities.
Cos Bruce had already said this is still the LOTB tour and that people had paid for a LOTB show and will get the spitfires and Icarus. Hence they have to play Aces High to keep to his word

Added to the fact that the band recorded a three nights show and put them together is another point why this record is bizarre...

This is the case with most live albums, e.g. Live After Death and Maiden England. The difference is, back then they still gave a fuck about whether the album sounds good or not. I don't know exactly why they phoned in Night of the Dead and, to a certain extent, Book of Souls: Live Chapter, but it's clear they just don't care anymore.

From the footage I have seen so far Bruce sounds outstanding. Better than 2019, almost on par with 2018. Force of nature. The man turns 64 this year. Compare with Bon Jovi, who is younger, has tuned down and still sounds like a dying cat.

Bruce sounds really good, better than in 2019. Let's hope his voice holds on.

That's totally awesome if Bruce can give similar performance to what he did in early 2018 dates.
Definitely hope that his voice will stand and hold these shows.
Im still not sure why they decided to record Nights Of The Dead in Mexico, some selected dates from 2018 would have been totally better choice.

The reason it sounds bad on N.O.T.D.L.O.T.B.L.I.M.C. is because they didn’t give a single fuck when putting the record together. Bruce sounded great elsewhere on the tour, and the sound was awesome. The live album captured none of that. One of their most disappointing releases ever.
Couldn't agree more. It's not just the bad vocal takes, it's the awful sound quality. I'm talking a piss poor mix, amateur hour stuff. There are rookie level mistakes on there such as the crowd audio being out of phase with the stage recording.

I can't believe they thought it good enough for an official release.

Bruce was taking it very safe with vocal lines on Aces High. Also I remember that I thought Nicko sounds a bit tired during Aces High. Can still hear it.

Not the smartest choice to close with it IMO.

Yeah and I think that Bruce is the guilty one in this case. He became a CEO few years ago and he acts like a CEO. He considers, as he said during his business conferences, the Maiden fans as simple customers, not as human beings who deserve quality. That's why the last Maiden's products have a diminished quality. That's the case with this horrible live record, that's the same with the 400 € fan-club members' Deluxe Senjutsu Box... And that's also the case with 'Senjutsu' itself on the side of the sounding... Maybe it's now the Bruce's team which takes care of the band's business since Rod's retirement, that could explain why the products quality declines... Make less and lower quality to sell it more at an expensive price...

You do realise who is the person who has the final say on anything released by Maiden, don't you?

The show in Accor Arena in Paris was far better than these ones in Mexico City, for example... There are few bootlegs that can be found on the internet since 2018...
Ok, have to check some recordings later. I've usually listened to various shows from the tours so far, but for LOTB 2018 (first leg especially) I only have watched the 2 Helsinki shows that I was at and also some other early shows around that time. Not sure why, but I tend to stick to those 2 because it's nice to remember those nights and feel the emotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back