Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Nicko's age and stamina always get brought up? There's been no indication that he's been struggling on recent tours besides the usual aches and pains that come with being an older man. He's a pro. It's Bruce who is more of a concern.
IKR? Bruce I think will be fine as long as he doesn’t get sick.

I think touring is the most challenging to Bruce and Nicko. Steve comes in third place, if I remember correctly, he had some back problems. Running around with a bass guitar is not for the weak.
From an outsider perspective, Janick is the most touringproof. He looks fit and is very active on the stage.

You know, since it's been brought up, I wouldn't actually be that surprised if they nixed The Trooper. I know it's the big flag-waving, Bruce-battling-Eddie moment of the show, but the lyrical content is maybe just a bit rough considering the times we live in. Literally about the Crimean War where the protagonist of the story ultimately dies by the hands of the Russian enemy. I know that it's ancient history at this point but it just doesn't play nearly as well when you've actually got Ukraine fighting a war for its existence against the tyrannical Russian regime.

e: Plus, remove that, WED and The Wicker Man in exchange for Senjutsu, Stratego and TWOTW and you've got yourself a comparatively Nicko-friendly setlist which I'm sure he'd appreciate!

You know, since it's been brought up, I wouldn't actually be that surprised if they nixed The Trooper. I know it's the big flag-waving, Bruce-battling-Eddie moment of the show, but the lyrical content is maybe just a bit rough considering the times we live in. Literally about the Crimean War where the protagonist of the story ultimately dies by the hands of the Russian enemy. I know that it's ancient history at this point but it just doesn't play nearly as well when you've actually got Ukraine fighting a war for its existence against the tyrannical Russian regime.

e: Plus, remove that, WED and The Wicker Man in exchange for Senjutsu, Stratego and TWOTW and you've got yourself a comparatively Nicko-friendly setlist which I'm sure he'd appreciate!
I can see some concern. You’re right there’s a lot of production around that song, will see soon enough. I would think Nicko would want to keep WED as he considers that a signature song of his.

I’d be happy if they drop The Trooper solely based on Bruce’s rough vocals.

I am pretty sure the beer song will be played.

What about When The Wild Wind Blows replacing For The Greater Good of God? Not sure if Bruce really liked the song though, but I remember Rod praising the track back in 2010. It'a a bit of a wildcard though, a little bit like Lord of the Flies making the set in 2003.

What about When The Wild Wind Blows replacing For The Greater Good of God? Not sure if Bruce really liked the song though, but I remember Rod praising the track back in 2010. It'a a bit of a wildcard though, a little bit like Lord of the Flies making the set in 2003.
Nicko also praised the track. Called it one of the best songs steve ever wrote

That would make the show plod as if you were walking on treacle.

I would personally rate For The Greater Good of God as a top 10 track in the catalogue, but wasn't a low key audience reaction the case with this song as well?

As an example, more than 20 000 people bought A Matter of life And Death in Sweden, as it received a gold certification there. But at the show in Stockholm 2018, it went down like "a fart in a 2 men submarine", as Nicko put the reaction to one of the Blaze-era tracks being formed in the U.S in 2000...

I don't think very much would change if they would put in When the Wild Wind Blows instead.

Last edited:
I would personally rate For The Greater Good of God as a top 10 ten track in the catalogue, but wasn't a low key audience reaction the case with this song as well?

Whilst that is indeed true, For The Greater Good of God got a much better reaction at any of the gigs I saw them play the song (2 in 2006, 1 in 2007, and 2 in 2018) than whenever I saw them play When the Wild Wind Blows (5 gigs on the UK tour in 2011).

I would personally rate For The Greater Good of God as a top 10 ten track in the catalogue, but wasn't a low key audience reaction the case with this song as well?
I think so. Truly a fantastic song, but it will not stay in the setlist.
I can see some concern. You’re right there’s a lot of production around that song, will see soon enough. I would think Nicko would want to keep WED as he considers that a signature song of his.
I think because there's a lot of production around Trooper, they will not remove it from the setlist. And most probably we'll see two walk-on Eddies (Trooper and Senjutsu), as Rod said. About WED, you have a point, but I think Nicko will agree to replace it with Stratego since both are challenging songs for him.
I'm sure TWotW and Stratego will be played. The imagery on the poster seems like an official confirmation.
Yep (and the title track). Speaking about the tour poster, we can see a lake of fire/lava - CIPWM? In the encores, I guess... it could also be Hell On Earth, but I'm sure they will save it for the album tour. I can't find more hints.

Edit: the lava could be a reference to TNOTB backdrop for the tour.

Last edited:
Yep (and the title track). Speaking about the tour poster, we can see a lake of fire/lava - CIPWM? It could also be Hell On Earth, but I'm sure they will save it for the album tour. I can't find more hints.
Looks like TWOTW, Senjutsu and Stratego are confirmed for sure. I know there was some speculation about the latter but it's there on the poster. I dunno about the lava, surely if it was meant to be CIPWM they would've had an actual lake of fire? I guess it could be that too but I have no idea what they would replace with CIPWM.

Here's what I'm reading from the tour poster:

Revelations (cathedral), Aces High (spitfire), Trooper (Eddie 1), Senjutsu (Eddie 2), Two Minutes to Midnight (mushroom cloud), Flight of Icarus (Icarus), Where Eagles Dare (eagle), Writing on the Wall (motorbikes), Fear of the Dark (lantern). Guess the figure on the origami horse points to Stratego. Not sure what to make of the pit in the middle. If we're going by a reference to "hell" we only have about a good dozen of Maiden songs to pick from. None of the poses of the figures or the hand gestures seem to point to anything specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back