Fear of the dark
Iron maiden
Encore:
Senjutsu
Stratego
Hallowed
Run to the hills

( Yeah stranger in a strange land :) )

I'm sure TWotW and Stratego will be played. The imagery on the poster seems like an official confirmation. If there's a third one, I think Senjutsu is the most likely, even though I also think it would take away from the future album set a little bit. I mean, the song feels like something that should be saved for the album tour opener, but in the current situation (I mean the delays and compensation by adding new songs to LotB ) who knows.

To me the bigger question is what gets replaced, is Senjutsu going to be its own act in the show and is there going to be any addition besides Senjutsu stuff? If they add - let's say - Alexander and/or Only the Good Die Young (both kind of hinted as possibilities), it would elevate this tour big time.

Since, if we're talking about vocalists here..did Dio ever have rough times on tours with his voice?
Atleast he did have that powerful voice and never really lost it as for what I've heard from different live recordings.
I think he sounded amazing even in the last years of his life.
I’ve never heard a bad live recording. He started tuning down in the 2000s to preserve his voice and he sounded far better for it.

I'm sure TWotW and Stratego will be played. The imagery on the poster seems like an official confirmation. If there's a third one, I think Senjutsu is the most likely, even though I also think it would take away from the future album set a little bit. I mean, the song feels like something that should be saved for the album tour opener, but in the current situation (I mean the delays and compensation by adding new songs to LotB ) who knows.

To me the bigger question is what gets replaced, is Senjutsu going to be its own act in the show and is there going to be any addition besides Senjutsu stuff? If they add - let's say - Alexander and/or Only the Good Die Young (both kind of hinted as possibilities), it would elevate this tour big time.
Rod Smallwood recently confirmed Senjutsu will have its own world so yes the albums gets a dedicated act / stage design.
he also said they would be swapping 2 classics to fit in with todays climate so you could very well look at that as at least 5 changes

I was so disappointed they did not do Infinite Dreams on that tour. Perhaps their most underrated song ever...
Yep, that was the one that I was always looking forward to hearing the most when the tour was annonced.
As I never saw them live in the 80's and the history tours would bring possibility of revisiting the old forgotten gems.
Infinite Dreams is my absolute favorite song in the catalogue and for some reason it wasn't picked to the final setlist for ME, they rehearsed it but maybe it didn't work for Steve.
Even though I have never been disappointed and each tour has been great, it was little bit of disappointing that they could bring ID to the setlist. But I like the fact, that for example on the LOTB-tour we got to hear Flight Of Icarus which had been absent from the setlist since 1987.
Im still open for the possibility of hearing ID someday, but if won't then I will just weep myself to sleep.
ID is surely underrated song.

Yeah. But I doubt that Nicko could do Stratego and WED relatively close to eachother at 70.

So, IMO, 2 Senjutsu songs for sure. Could be 3.
I'm sure Nicko will not have a problem with Stratego, although he cited it as the most difficult song to record from the album. But I do think they will replace WED with it (and the setlist will be 16 songs, like for the previous two legs). I can't wait to see his drumming live in the title track and Stratego.

Since there will be a Senjutsu world, they will play 3 songs at most... it's guaranteed. And they will change probably 2 songs from the old classics (I do not expect big surprises, but one can hope). Rod said that this world will be spectacular, so I'm curious if there will be some changes in the stage design just for it - this would be something ''new'' for the band.

Apologies if this question has been asked hundreds of times already but does anyone know why they decided to drop Infinite Dreams from the ME rehearsals? Obviously nothing official would have been said by the Maiden camp but I was just wondering whether anyone here had any info. Maybe it was too hard on Bruce?

Apologies if this question has been asked hundreds of times already but does anyone know why they decided to drop Infinite Dreams from the ME rehearsals? Obviously nothing official would have been said by the Maiden camp but I was just wondering whether anyone here had any info. Maybe it was too hard on Bruce?
"It didn't work." "ATSS worked better."

That's the only explanation we got.

I always hoped to hear more proper explanation and cause for switching Infinite Dreams to ATSS. ATSS is great and I love it, but I can't help but wonder how amazingly well ID would have gone on that tour. 3 guitars and band on fire, Bruce wouldn't have had any problems delivering the vocals. Maybe there was something else.

Im willing to bet that getting back on the road now also makes the guys feel like that they would surely like to play more songs from the newest album.
But, if all goes nice and well..we should be seeing them going on Senjutsu World Tour next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back