Unpopular Metal/Rock Opinions

• 1990 was a better year in Metal than 1980.
  • Framing Armageddon & Crucible of Man are perfectly good albums.
  • Warlord with less than 20 live shows in their career, is still one of the best Metal groups ever.
  • Achilles, Agony & Ecstasy in 8 parts is the best Manowar song.
  • Savatage's Power of the Night is one of their best efforts.

The Big Four label is entirely meaningless outside purely commercial considerations

I always found the Big Four confusing. Of all metal subgenres, why single out thrash? Why only thrash, why wasn't there a big four of glam (which arguably would've been way more commercially viable)/black/death/progressive metal? Why include Anthrax?

I think Led Zeppelin are massively overrated. In fact, I find many 70s hard-rock bands (Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, UFO, Uriah Heep, Status Quo, Jethro Tull, Wishbone Ash…) much more interesting/creative than Zeppelin.
I agree, and therefore this should be accepted as a universal truth now.

I agree, and therefore this should be accepted as a universal truth now.

You know, on some days I agree, and on others I find myself completely enthralled by their music. It has a lot to do with current mood and feelings of nostalgia, because they were a big part of my life when I was around 16-18.

You know, on some days I agree, and on others I find myself completely enthralled by their music. It has a lot to do with current mood and feelings of nostalgia, because they were a big part of my life when I was around 16-18.
I just can't get into them. Despite trying over and over. Led Zeppelin is one of the bands I would love to "get".

Pink Floyd is the same. Sure, some of the music is great, but dear God some of the intros and songs just never end. I put on of their albums a week ago and I am sure the first song hasn't got going yet.

Anthrax John Bush period is holy shit. John Bush is a great singer but I guess Scott Ian and Charlie Benante wanted the band less heavy Metal and more into the nu metal or Pantera or the kind of music the band was making then sucks.

Led Zeppelin's The Song Remains the Same is the most boring album I heard in my life. Overrated band. They eclipsed so many better bands…

I was never into Bad Company. They're pretty boring.

Pink Floyd songs are great but you can't put one of their albums when you're in a low mood. They're pretty depressive.

Never liked Pantera, their dirty appearance, attitude of the singer…He's overrated and maybe he's still living and making money from their skin head and his angry face.

I hate Megadave kind of business throwing shit to old members and making the new ones as employers of his company.

As someone said here, I also hate long jams, solos and gigs over 2 hours.

Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Metallica, U2, Guns N Roses are overrated bands and don't deserve the success.

I hate the Britpop or the thing that uk press and media named to Blur and Oasis…I don't like these bands neither Pulp, Suede …, There are a lot of bands that were eclipsed because this and deserves more international success like The Manics, Supergrass, Radiohead…

TO BE CONTINUED :lol:

Never liked Pantera, their dirty appearance, attitude of the singer…
I am not a fan of them, only listen to 3-4 songs. But for some reason that breakdown after solo in "Domination" is giving mi some kind of orgasmic feeling to my brain :D

I dont know why but that is some strange feeling and moment of happiness. Same feeling I have during breakdown in midsection of Phantom of the Opera song.

Aerosmith's 80's albums were better than their 70's albums. Even if they did hire songwriters.

Ditto Alice Cooper.

Led Zeppelin are definitely overrated. They plagiarised much of their music from unknown blues artists and most of their success was built on marketing and hype. And if I hear another idiot tell me that Bonham's intro to When The Levee Breaks is "the greatest drum intro of all time" I'll shove Where Eagles Dare up their behind.

Metallica deserve their success. They've worked harder than probably any other metal band.

Judas Priest sucked until British Steel.

Grunge didn't kill 80's rock bands. 80's rock bands just got shit in the 90's, Maiden included.

Led Zeppelin's The Song Remains the Same is the most boring album I heard in my life. Overrated band. They eclipsed so many better bands…
Have you seen Song Remains The Same, the film? Many people criticize it but the band is awesome there, especially Page.

I don't understand the admiration for Lemmy. He's overrated as a singer, musician, plus as a guy. Same with Ozzy.

Have you seen Song Remains The Same, the film? Many people criticize it but the band is awesome there, especially Page.
Half of the film was shot in Pinewood Studios to the live recording. They even had to make JPJ wear a wig to match his hair on the day.

Back