Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Dave, the handsomest man on the planet in the early '80's, has aged more visibly than any of his bandmates and the last two years have been particularly unkind to him. I'm just curious to know why anyone would find that amusing?
Because it's a reminder that he's a normal human being like the rest of us, and most of us can directly relate to packing on a "quarantine 15" (or 30), so the laugh is about the fact that even our heroes aren't immune to the same struggles we all face. Or maybe we're all just abject assholes obsessed with schadenfreude instead. I'll leave that determination as an exercise for the reader.

Also, one could repurpose your argument about Dave's looks to try to claim that this isn't funny:
268x0w.jpg
...when, of course, it pretty obviously is funny.

Hopefully that helps.

That way of playing bass…during the whole f***ing song :facepalm:
btw the stage looks like a circus. I wouldn't have minded that a big lion had jumped through the flames and eaten Tony Newton :lol:
For a band that has historically claimed being "opposed" to playback performances on TV etc., they sure do have a massive collection of those under their belt ranging all the way from the 80s to the 00s.

''The Number Of The Beast'' on Australian TV in 1982:

I've never seen it before. It's obviously not live, but Eddie (from the debut album cover and with glowing eyes!) behind the drums is a nice (live) backdrop. Steve is with his bass from RTTH and Trooper videos. Funny moment between Bruce and Steve at 3:40.
Here it is without the crappy 4k upscaling:

An esteemed member of this forum, who shall remain nameless, has suggested over at the official Iron Maiden forum that Davey probably has not even touched a guitar since getting off stage in Chile in 2019. :innocent:
Haha. The people over there seem to know everything.

But that would mean to suggest that Dave is a liar. In his interview with Guitar World he talked about the pandemic period:

DAVE MURRAY: “I’ve been playing more acoustic than electric, actually… just keeping my fingers in semi-match shape. [Laughs] Just playing for the fun of it. If we’re sitting down watching a movie, I’ll have a guitar on my lap to keep my fingers working."

PS: I like Steve's hair color. :yes:

That way of playing bass…during the whole f***ing song :facepalm:
btw the stage looks like a circus. I wouldn't have minded that a big lion had jumped through the flames and eaten Tony Newton :lol:
Thank God this lineup would never perform again, and hopefully a song that we would never have to hear live ever again. Sad times!!!

Back