Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Nicko be physically able to play Stratego live?
I don't see why not. They're probably dropping Where Eagles Dare from the set and he was pulling that off just fine in 2018-19. He's a fair bit older now, but not that much. Stratego calls for a similar bit of stamina but it's not super high-tempo and Nicko can probably skip around a bit on the bass drum triples like he already does with the other gallops in the set.

I don't see why not. They're probably dropping Where Eagles Dare from the set and he was pulling that off just fine in 2018-19. He's a fair bit older now, but not that much. Stratego calls for a similar bit of stamina but it's not super high-tempo and Nicko can probably skip around a bit on the bass drum triples like he already does with the other gallops in the set.
I remember him in a recent interview saying that he struggled to play Stratego in full.

He's definitely slowing down. Stratego has the same beat as CSIT but that is played much faster. But like you say, he'll probably skip some triplets in that case.

Alternatively he might opt to use a double kick live for the first time.

I remember him in a recent interview saying that he struggled to play Stratego in full.

He's definitely slowing down. Stratego has the same beat as CSIT but that is played much faster. But like you say, he'll probably skip some triplets in that case.

Alternatively he might opt to use a double kick live for the first time.
He already skips beats in the album version.

Nicko talked about his arthritis round about the time The Book of Souls was released, I believe. He was commenting on assorted speculation about the beginning of the end for the band (due to age and health of other members mostly), and made the point that it could be him that goes first, but not for a while yet. Having just done a quick Google, it looks like he also spoke about it as far back as 2010.

It likely being sandwiched between two mid-tempo numbers in Senjutsu and The Writing on the Wall will help. If it went The Wicker Man - Stratego - The Trooper there'd be a problem. :D

Look at Vince Neil... He can't deliver his duties on stage. Fans are paying money, to see him performing at a certain level. When artist's health interferes with his 'delivering the goods' abilities, fans have right to voice their dissatisfaction. I am pretty sure, Dave will be fine. But gained weight may make him more tired after each show. In other words, his body will face outer and inner stress factor. Outer - being on the road and inner - being overweight.
Lighthearted joking is allowed, and is a MUST. These men are not gods and we are not sheeps. :D

Last edited:
forum staff... You are way too sensitive (for deleting my comment) I sincerely don't think Dave is as obese as Fat Bastard from Austin Powers. It was only lighthearted joke. I'm disappointed :facepalm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back