Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

I'll say 5ft 7 for Bruce. I'm 5'4 and he was noticeably taller than me but a lot shorter than Forostar (about 6ft 1in?), he walked past us at the airport. Steve I'd say an inch or two taller than Bruce, but he also has 'big hair' so it's hard to tell.

No. I'm 175 cm, I've stood numerous times next to Steve, and he is significantly shorter. I'd say 170.

5cm isn't that significant, I saw some photos of Steve surrounded by Maidenfans I know from Real World, and they looked like giants next to him. He must be more of 165ish.

On a personaI note, I'm 175cm too, though I always wanted to be 176cm. ::)

I had no idea they were short. Not that it matters at all. On stage everyone looks like giants.
Still this post had me doing height conversions out of curiosity, at 6 feet 2 inches I am 187.96 cm.
My wife is not a fan of IM specifically or metal in general but she is coming to see them with me in October 2022.
She is 5' 4 " or 137.16 cm. Fortunately we have seats rather than general admission so she won't be trying to see over a bunch of tall guys.

I had no idea they were short. Not that it matters at all. On stage everyone looks like giants.
Still this post had me doing height conversions out of curiosity, at 6 feet 2 inches I am 187.96 cm.
My wife is not a fan of IM specifically or metal in general but she is coming to see them with me in October 2022.
She is 5' 4 " or 137.16 cm. Fortunately we have seats rather than general admission so she won't be trying to see over a bunch of tall guys.

I like a lot how you navigated the subject of height all by injecting personal notes and also staying relevant. You started with a stage and concluded with a happy stage -related, ending. And that was not all; you even put us in your POV inside the concert, tickling our imagination.

A very nice piece of read.

I like a lot how you navigated the subject of height all by injecting personal notes and also staying relevant. You started with a stage and concluded with a happy stage -related, ending. And that was not all; you even put us in your POV inside the concert, tickling our imagination.

A very nice piece of read.
Thank you sir, I appreciate the positive feedback.
I'd be curious of your background if you are comfortable with sharing if you have some journalism or psych background.
I was a journalism major but that was a million years ago (1993) but even in my boring corporate job today every email I write I craft in order that one point flows into another organically to create a natural progression of thoughts.
To be honest, nobody's ever pointed that out before so on behalf of my fragile ego, thanks man.

Ah my pleasure. I have engineering background, being years in the field, however the last few years I am in a Sales & Marketing Role and had to learn about leadership too. Thus I learnt to appreciate a good text, passing a clear message, the correct use of colours, all that. Above post was so refreshing and natural, I wanted to tell you that it's obvious that you know how to write but I held myself. Also I saw some leadership there.

Good to meet you!

You got the 5’ 4” conversion quite wrong (by approximately 25 cm or 10 inches). ;)

I personally prefer seats these days. You get a much better view of the stage.

Last edited:
Back