Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Wow, Iron Maiden won almost all categories in the annual voting of the German Rock Hard magazine.

Favorite Band: 1 Iron Maiden
Album of the Year: 1. Iron Maiden - Senjutsu
Best Live Band: 1 Iron Maiden
Favorite Musician: 2 Bruce Dickinson

Honestly, I only voted once. :D

The results of the German Metal Hammer's poll are somewhat confusing.

Iron Maiden are apparenty both the best and the worst. On one hand, they rose to be the best band of all time last year, on the other hand, they are losers.

Best Band of All Time: 1 Iron Maiden
Best Band/Artist 2021: 2 Iron Maiden
Best Album 2021: 2 Iron Maiden "Senjutsu"
Loser of the Year: 3 Iron Maiden
Best Music Video 2021: 2 Iron Maiden "The Writing On The Wall"; 6 Iron Maiden "Senjutsu"
Worst Metal Song 2021: 10 Iron Maiden "Senjutsu"

Last edited:
They've badly misjudged this. They're getting massive criticism from all corners. I'm actually really surprised they've decided to plug Bruce's podcast on the main IM page. Especially with this sort of content.

And rightly so!

“Aesthetics and philosophy of his ancient but emotive profession”???

For fuck’s sake, bullfighting is a barbaric tradition.

Perhaps they think that any promotion is good for the brand. :rolleyes:

I think they sold a couple of t-shirt events with Eddie as a bull fighter or something like that. Shame. I hate bullfighting, San Fermines and all traditional festivities in some towns and villages where bulls are oppressed , scared and killed by bullfighters or 'people' (savages) of the worst class.

I think they sold a couple of t-shirt events with Eddie as a bull fighter or something like that. Shame. I hate bullfighting, San Fermines and all traditional festivities in some towns and villages where bulls are oppressed , scared and killed by bullfighters or 'people' (savages) of the worst class.

And the worst thing is how many people still support this form of barbarism! :mad:

^I’ve seen a documentary about bullfighting and bullfighter’s argument was that sacrificial bull will live like a king for all his life and will suffer for an hour.

They really suck at social media :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

At some point they’ve lost it with Rod. Blessing & curse this guy for them.
If I had to draw the line when that happened I’d say 2007 when they lost Sanctuary Records due to Beyonce’s father mistakes.
They should have moved on much earlier though, if not prior BNW at least shortly after. To start fresh the new era with a more up to date Management.

That never happened because Steve never wanted to change. Part of the charme I guess?

Back