Mental Health Thread

Do you fear death, dying, etc.?

• Yes

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Trying my best to not think about it

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Never really thought about it and I'm unable to come up with an answer on a spot

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters
I get tired mostly when I go home and realise that there is nothing to look forward to in regular life.
Yeah, I've been feeling the same lately. Some weeks are better than others. For the better part of this year I could barely drive a car for I got panic attacks while driving. Hardly worked. Got to the point where i was afraid to leave home. I was feeling down in a big way. Better now.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've been feeling the same lately. Some weeks are better than others. For the better part of this year I could barely drive a car for I got panic attacks while driving. Hardly worked. Got to the point where i was afraid to leave home. I was feeling down in a big way. Better now.
What helped you get better?

What helped you get better?
Not sure. I've had this panic attack problem for 22 years though I haven't had it as bad as I did this year. Talking to others that have this problem has helped. But as far as waking up everyday and just "going through motions" with nothing to look forward to, I get that. It's tough. Don't know what your life is like, but despite how aimless my life is right now, I look at the positives such as the fact that I am not homeless,hungry, working 3 jobs to support myself/kids(I don't have any) to feed. Then there's the fact that on a daily basis I see those less fortunate than me. Look up "slums in the Phillipines" for example. Plus, I have 2 nieces that love me to no end. My life could be worse:) I could reveal more, but given how many people are on this site and the fact that I don't know any of them, I won't. But if what I have posted helps any of them, great.

Last edited:
Not sure. I've had this panic attack problem for 22 years though I haven't had it as bad as I did this year. Talking to others that have this problem has helped. But as far as waking up everyday and just "going through motions" with nothing to look forward to, I get that. It's tough. Don't know what your life is like, but despite how aimless my life is right now, I look at the positives such as the fact that I am not homeless,hungry, working 3 jobs to support myself/kids(I don't have any) to feed. Then there's the fact that on a daily basis I see those less fortunate than me. Plus, I have 2 nieces that love me to no end. My life could be worse:) I could reveal more, but given how many people are on this site and the fact that I don't know any of them, I won't. But if what I have posted helps any of them, great.
I also try to put my situation into perspective by thinking of ways things could be worse. I’m not homeless or terminally ill, and that’s already something.

I also try to put my situation into perspective by thinking of ways things could be worse. I’m not homeless or terminally ill, and that’s already something.
Yeah, I also meant to say that being depressed(or even suicidal) isn't always a "situational thing". Dan Rather was a successful news anchor for CBS, but even he expressed thoughts of depression and suicide. You just don't know what is going on inside of someone else's head.

Last edited:
Yeah, I also meant to say that being depressed(or even suicidal) isn't always a "situational thing". Dan Rather was a successful news anchor for CBS, but even he expressed thoughts of depression and suicide. You just don't know what is going on inside of someone else's head.
A lot of the time it’s a struggle of fighting the negative thoughts that my brain is generating. I find it almost impossible to be satisfied with any accomplishment.

A lot of the time it’s a struggle of fighting the negative thoughts that my brain is generating. I find it almost impossible to be satisfied with any accomplishment.
That goes with me saying it isn't a "situational thing". I know the feeling for I used to feel the same way. Still do at times. I sought counseling and was put on an anti-depressant. The latter helped immensely. So does exercise. Oh and having a dog helps. If you can't have one I suggest walking someone else's:) There's that line from that old Lit song "My Own Worst Enemy" that goes,"It's no surprise to me, I am my own worst enemy
'Cause every now and then, I kick the living shit out of me".

Yup. Been there done that:):)

Last edited:
That goes with me saying it isn't a "situational thing". I know the feeling for I used to feel the same way. Still do at times. I sought counseling and was put on an anti-depressant. The latter helped immensely. So does exercise. Oh and having a dog helps. If you can't have one I suggest walking someone else's:) There's that line from that old Lit song "My Own Worst Enemy" that goes,"It's no surprise to me, I am my own worst enemy
'Cause every now and then, I kick the living shit out of me".

Yup. Been there done that:):)
I want to seek counseling but it’s not possible right now. And it’s very expensive anyway.

I want to seek counseling but it’s not possible right now. And it’s very expensive anyway.
Counseling helps to a point for it lets you vent what's going on, but in the end a counselor won't change your life. That's up to you. I was fortunate that I was going to a college near me. They had a counselor there. It was free and she helped me a lot. But that was over 20 years ago. As far as cost goes, nowadays it depends upon the counselor you go to and whether or not you have health insurance(I do). I know of one that didn't accept my HI and wanted $600 per session! No thanks. Good luck.

Counsellors, or at least the good ones, sort of help you put your thoughts in order more than anything, and encourage taking an objective look at your style of thinking.

I fear dying alone at times. Like lying in a hospital bed, looking around and there's nobody there that I would know as I vanish into the void.

To be honest, I have never feared death. I always loved life and thought I would live a long and beautiful life. However, a few years ago, I was diagnosed with bipolarity. It is a common disease among men. However, my illness had evolved into a much stronger one. Now I have been diagnosed with psychosis. You can find more info on https://fherehab.com/learning/what-is-a-psychotic-break/ . Honestly, it is pretty hard to live with this disease. Sometimes I lose contact with reality, which can be very confusing. So yes, right now, I really fear death. By the way, thank you for sharing your experience and thoughts. It made me also share my story, and right now, I feel more relieved.

Last edited:
Lately I’ve been worried about the future. I don’t know what I want to do with my life, if I want to do anything at all. At the same time, I feel guilt and shame over past doings, which seems to be affecting my view of the future.
We share this sentiment. Personally, I'm dead afraid of my release from the army, I have no experience to guide me to what's next... But I guess most don't have it when they're out...

We share this sentiment. Personally, I'm dead afraid of my release from the army, I have no experience to guide me to what's next... But I guess most don't have it when they're out...
You have the advantage of being 19 years old. I assume you went to the army straight after high school?

I am not afraid of natural death. Falling asleep and not waking up is an excellent option. But I have a strange phobia of being killed.

Back