Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

See, this is why patience is a virtue.

The vinyl copies of Senjutsu have all dropped in price since pre-orders. The black vinyl is now just £32, and the red and silver vinyls are now around £50.

If you haven't ordered a vinyl copy by now then do it immediately and make sure Maiden get the #1 spot.
They won’t lose out to a rapper. Their music is melodic and meaningful.

The vinyl copies of Senjutsu have all dropped in price since pre-orders. The black vinyl is now just £32, and the red and silver vinyls are now around £50.

If you haven't ordered a vinyl copy by now then do it immediately and make sure Maiden get the #1 spot.

Patience is no sin!

I am definitely patient: I still don’t have a copy if the album thanks to Warner’s wonderful distribution to independent shops.

The vinyl copies of Senjutsu have all dropped in price since pre-orders. The black vinyl is now just £32, and the red and silver vinyls are now around £50

Those prices are more reasonable than the previous rip-off ones. Let’s wait and see what is the asking price in a month.

199233247.jpg

“When you realize ‘The Parchment’ plus ‘Hell On Earth’ exactly matches your commute time…”

On Senjutsu, Death Of The Celts (mainly) and The Parchment, Bruce is having stunning Peter Hammill's impersonations. Also, they have progressive elements, but, Maiden isn't doing progressive metal.

The title track, Stratego, DOFP, Darkest Hour, DOTC, The Parchment and Hell On Earth are all included in my ''Best Of'' from the Reunion Era... all these songs are classics for me.

With this new album I don't think it's possible to create one album from all reunion albums - too many fantastic songs.

I know what you all really want to know about this record - where does it fit into Nicko's personal studio album rankings?

Well, for the past week I've been tirelessly scouring books, film, interviews, radio appearances, podcasts etc and finally, after much extensive research, I've created an inarguable definitive list of what he personally believes to be Maiden's best albums. Some of these results make shock and awe, sure, but I'm confident of the result. So, from best to worst, according to the ol' tub thumper:

Senjutsu
The Book of Souls
The Final Frontier
A Matter of Life and Death
Dance of Death
Brave New World
Virtual XI
The X Factor
Fear of the Dark
No Prayer for the Dying
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Somewhere in Time
Powerslave
Piece of Mind
The Number of the Beast
Killers
Iron Maiden

The title track, Stratego, DOFP, Darkest Hour, DOTC, The Parchment and Hell On Earth are all included in my ''Best Of'' from the Reunion Era... all these songs are classics for me.

With this new album I don't think it's possible to create one album from all reunion albums - too many fantastic songs.
This was the case even before Senjutsu!

I'd play this game though. What's the maximum amount of tracks one could include?

Back