Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Sorry if this has been answered already - but I don't have time to go through all the pages....what's the length of the 'Recording of' feature on the Blu Ray.

One listen so far - really impressed with what they've pulled off here. Unique way to end the album (for them), loved that!

Interesting interview here ..

Bruce said that ''Days Of Future Past'' could fit in POM or Powerslave album... the same kind of energy.

The album is a great journey.

He also said that they will tour next year's summer in to the fall - Senjutsu Tour to start in September/October?

The lyrics seems absolutely about the Great Wall of China, they must have decided at some stage that Japan had better imagery.
Bruce said that according to Steve the lyrics are about defending a wall (not a specific one), but when they decided that they will use a Samurai/Japan theme, they had to change it and they called it The Art Of War (aka ''Senjutsu'')... I guess.

I think some listeners have missed something in their complaints about the production.

Sure there are moments when Bruce is battling with the band in order to be heard. But equally at fault here is Bruce himself.

He is singing very well in general, but that “muffling” you’re hearing is often his diction. He’s not enunciating the words very well.

I'm going to have to give the album overall a lot more time. It's not a big one for hooks and so far only three songs have really got my interest. Think I'll leave it for a couple of weeks and come back to it.
So much for that, I just listened to it again

Back