Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Could you please put any impressions in spoiler tags at least? There are a lot of posters who'd rather wait until friday to listen to the album.
Yup. For any newbies... There is a topic for that and put the spoilers in the posts even there. This is a clean topic. Until friday or as mods say.

I don't know how reviews and impressions could be considered as spoilers. I mean, it's impossible for me to imagine the music, the melody, the guitar riffs and solos and the rhythm by reading those reviews or impressions. I'm ok reading them, they make me even more excited about the new album.

I don't know how reviews and impressions could be considered as spoilers. I mean, it's impossible for me to imagine the music, the melody, the guitar riffs and solos and the rhythm by reading those reviews or impressions. I'm ok reading them, they make me even more excited about the new album.

Some people want the first listen to be a completely blank canvas. That's why. I'm not one of them. But you got to respect that.

It won't split the fanbase for those who love the "reunion" era. But i can see the play more classics older fans hating this one.
Those who liked X Factor and Virtual XI will like Senjutsu. Other Maiden fans will need many listening sessions to get overall opinion that is really hard to get this time with Senjutsu. Also if Senjutsu was their last it would be a perfect send off

Those who liked X Factor and Virtual XI will like Senjutsu. Other Maiden fans will need many listening sessions to get overall opinion that is really hard to get this time with Senjutsu. Also if Senjutsu was their last it would be a perfect send off
Sounds familiar,for the last few albums there have been more songs than before that needed more spins to get my full appreciation.Maybe that characterizes newer Maiden and isn't a bad thing in itself (the age old dilemma,instant hit or grow and longevity)

They're very focused on this album, especially when compared to TBOS
Absolutely. That's what I'm noticing as well, and loving. TBOS was very disjointed to my ears. I best can compare this situation to when Metallica released Death Magnetic and for all it's great things it's a mess. Hardwired that came eight years later was much more focused, imo.

I thought the rules said we couldn't talk about leaked songs, but I'm seeing some of that.
Yeah, I thought that as well, but since some people started doing it I joined in. Anyway, I know people across the globe who actually managed to buy it legally, so I guess it's kinda ok. However Travis, we're talking more about it on the thread you created compiling the reviews, as in sharing our own reviews. I think it would be better to keep the discussion there and leave this one for everyone who wants to wait.

As long as they have a spoiler alert, I (i.e., nobody) think it may be helpful to document them here. First impressions and reactions are fun to read even after many years. In two days, these comments will be much more refined.
I thought the rules said we couldn't talk about leaked songs, but I'm seeing some of that.

Ps. Send it, Maiden, I am ready to love it.

Back