Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

What you gonna do on Friday???
What you gonna do?

is there any plans for you guys on the next Friday? Some kind of ritual for listening new maiden music? Is the there any specifics about sound system, time of day, preferences at vinyl or cd or digital?

What you gonna do on Friday???
What you gonna do?

is there any plans for you guys on the next Friday? Some kind of ritual for listening new maiden music? Is the there any specifics about sound system, time of day, preferences at vinyl or cd or digital?

thursday midnight will be waiting with my airpods pro and spotify.

But, he said, if they do another album, he's got a song about a race car driver, which he was 'ashamed' to show the guys, for the Senjutsu sessions.
This is a surprise. It's curious to hear it.

He also said a few other interesting things:

- he can't get enough of the album.
- there's a lot of departures on this album.
- he had a lot of trouble recording ''Stratego'' (particularly the classic gallop).
- he wrote the drums parts.
- he thinks the solos in TWOTW are fantastic... Dave's essence comes alive in his solo.
- he couldn't remember how ''Death Of The Celts'' goes, but as soon as it started (with the melodies), he remembered. But this is understandable since the album was recorded in 2019 and locked in a vault.

This is a surprise. It's curious to hear it.

He also said a few other interesting things:

- he can't get enough of the album.
- there's a lot of departures on this album.
- he had a lot of trouble recording ''Stratego'' (particularly the classic gallop).
- he wrote the drums parts.
- he thinks the solos in TWOTW are fantastic... Dave's essence comes alive in his solo.
- he couldn't remember how ''Death Of The Celts'' goes, but as soon as it started (with the melodies), he remembered. But this is understandable since the album was recorded in 2019 and locked in a vault.
I didn't get that he had "a lot of trouble" recording it, I got that it took him a bit to warm up to doing bass triplets is all :)

I didn't get that he had "a lot of trouble" recording it, I got that it took him a bit to warm up to doing bass triplets is all

I've heard and as far i recognized, he was refering about Arry asking him to do the base pedal exactly equal to the galop. He made a 'fake double bass'. AFYI, nicko uses a special pedal, very flexible to do such of thing

Back