Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Consodering DOD came out in 2003 and the 5.1 DVDAudio a year later, the fact that TWOTW BLU RAY is DTS (that means 7.1 right?), the fact that atmos is more complex than 5.1 and the fact that Kevin's post about atmos was fairly recenet, I believe there is a possibility of a full album BLU RAY release in 2022
You can see DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio Sign On BluRay

I hope the photoshopped picture won't be the official picture that comes with the album.
Given the background of this picture, I think it will be. Here is a better quality of it.
I recall reading that Powerslave was 2 or 3 Bruce songs combined into one that Steve helped with
That's true, but I think Bruce combined the parts into one song without help from Steve.
The Predator style background music in the pre-order promo... is it the intro to Senjutsu or Stratego? Any predictions?
My guess is: it will be for the title track. Sounds like part of a long intro (fits the length of the title track). ''Stratego'' is a short rocker and it will start with a bang.

Maybe the black background is going to be the there of all the covers from now on....with Eddie being represented as an established "warrior" figure from old civilizations. (Mayan, Japaneze and so on).

Funny, I am hoping for the opposite: faster songs and in-your-face-guitar-riffs as well as smooth melodies. I wanna feel like I got punched in the face by Mike Tyson, after I spend the night with his young girlfriend. Sweet and heavy. :bigsmile:
That might as well be the case with Stratego and Days of future past (but you never know).

A thought: Senjutsu will not be the last album of Maiden, because the title is in a foreign language.

Plus they write stuff all the time (leftover material, demos) and had 2 full years of break (since the creation of the album), so one can hope.

A thought: Senjutsu will not be the last album of Maiden, because the title is in a foreign language.

Plus they write stuff all the time (leftover material, demos) and had 2 full years of break (since the creation of the album), so one can hope.
I dunno, they had a long break before recording Senjutsu and still wrote most of that in the studio based on Bruce's interview.

Based on the promotional video showing the different formats, there does not seem to be any band photos in the booklets.

Maybe they are included in another exclusive deluxe box set Anyway they had time to take a group photo in the studio or something… like in A matter of life and Death (pictures in the studio) or include some pictures from Japan from the Book of souls tour...

Maybe they are included in another exclusive deluxe box set Anyway they had time to take a group photo in the studio or something… like in A matter of life and Death (pictures in the studio) or include some pictures from Japan from the Book of souls tour...

The promotional picture showing the content of the exclusive deluxe box set does not include a band photo and the CD booklet does not seem to feature one (thankfully, considering that turd they have botched with Photoshop).

1627553040025.png

Last edited:
Red and the Black has a very cool mid instrumental section preceded by a couple of totally unnecessary and average solos which could have been simply cut. I like the melody line, but Bruce is struggling sometimes. So all in all, it's the same old problem, good ideas, nice sections but a couple of parts which could have been improved or skipped completely. I can't tell the same for Rime, which despite a basic chugging rhythm, it still flows.
I love all the solos in Red and Black. I love all the various parts. The wohoohohoho, the intro, the whole song is extravagant and guitar rich, I love it.

Back