Short-answer questions

I have no clue why they didn't just move it all the way up after Moscow since it was obvious it was too much that late in the set. Maybe there was some hesitation in the band about making a pretty huge change to the flow of the set like that? Who knows. Could've also been the crew since maybe setting up Janick's acoustic right after 2MTM was considered a bit of a hassle.

Maybe they also wanted to give the set, in the form it was then anyway, another go without the usual "rust of the first gig." Sometimes the first night of the tour is considerably rusty and tough, especially for Bruce, and they might have thought it would eventually settle very well as the tour rolled onwards. Seventh Son was a bit rough delivery by Bruce at the first night of the 2012 in Charlotte, but got considerably better very soon.

I agree it's a bit strange though and given their experience, one might assume this issue would've been tackled in the rehearsals. I think they've often mentioned that they do a couple of run-throughs of the whole set before they'll take it to the road and usually that kind of things surface and get fixed there before the first gig.

I agree it's a bit strange though and given their experience, one might assume this issue would've been tackled in the rehearsals. I think they've often mentioned that they do a couple of run-throughs of the whole set before they'll take it to the road and usually that kind of things surface and get fixed there before the first gig.
Yeah, that's pretty standard practice for any band to run through the whole set to address things like this or issues with set flow or to figure out transitions if there are any etc. I agree that this would've likely come up then, but maybe Bruce apparently being ill on the tour complicated matters? He might've been fine in rehearsals, or they might've been assuming that things will clear up once they settle into the tour but then it became obvious that he wasn't going to be able to perform The Talisman at the end of the main set.

He was definitely pretty rough on the Moscow bootleg for the whole set so something must've been off for him.

Bruce Dickinson said on the interview on The Fugitive promo that they made 16 tracks for Fear Of The Dark with ease and they had to cut 4 out.
In the first minute
I wish we can hear those 4 songs someday... :blush: FOTD is one of my favorite albums of Maiden.

I’m wondering if it’s possible some of them were retooled for X Factor?
I don't think so because those songs were written with Bruce's vocals in mind. Blaze has a completely different voice and for example, I can't imagine a song like ''Judgement Of Heaven'' (at least the type of singing/vocals) to be made during the FOTD era or with Bruce on vocals, because it was written with Blaze's vocals in mind. The only songs from TXF album which for me could have been written for the previous album are ''Lord Of The Flies'' and the traditional epic from Steve, ''Sign Of The Cross'' (not only because they are Harris and Harris/Gers compositions, but because the vocals of Bruce fits them and I can see them in the FOTD album... especially the harmonies of the latter). I can see ''Man On The Edge'' in FOTD album too, but not with its chorus (doesn't fit Bruce's voice at all imo).

New singer/voice<->writing songs from the scratch to see what you can do with his voice. That's how I see the things.

I don't think so because those songs were written with Bruce's vocals in mind. Blaze has a completely different voice and for example, I can't imagine a song like ''Judgement Of Heaven'' (at least the type of singing/vocals) to be made during the FOTD era or with Bruce on vocals, because it was written with Blaze's vocals in mind. The only songs from TXF album which for me could have been written for the previous album are ''Lord Of The Flies'' and the traditional epic from Steve, ''Sign Of The Cross'' (not only because they are Harris and Harris/Gers compositions, but because the vocals of Bruce fits them and I can see them in the FOTD album... especially the harmonies of the latter). I can see ''Man On The Edge'' in FOTD album too, but not with its chorus (doesn't fit Bruce's voice at all imo).

New singer/voice<->writing songs from the scratch to see what you can do with his voice. That's how I see the things.
That’s true, but that’s why I said retooled. Blaze songs are now song by Bruce live, so it’s possible that songs written for FotD were May have had riffs or melodies ripped out wholesale and used on the X Factor.

We know that officially they didn’t start the “writing process” until Blaze was in the band, but that didn’t mean that didn’t show up to the studio with a handful of riffs and melodies, some of which could be from the aforementioned 4 missing FotD songs.

That’s true, but that’s why I said retooled. Blaze songs are now song by Bruce live, so it’s possible that songs written for FotD were May have had riffs or melodies ripped out wholesale and used on the X Factor.

We know that officially they didn’t start the “writing process” until Blaze was in the band, but that didn’t mean that didn’t show up to the studio with a handful of riffs and melodies, some of which could be from the aforementioned 4 missing FotD songs.
Melodies and riffs - most probably yes. I think they carry melodies and riffs from the previous albums for the new ones since they write stuff all the time. The whole structure of a song (verses, chorus) - no, because it is different depending on the vocalist. But then again, some songs written around the VXI album were used for the BNW album and Bruce sounds great on them.

Maybe they used parts from those 4 missing FOTD songs, because they probably will never use or release them.

@chaosapiant

The second, to say that, these songs with which they played to test them, were songs that were already written, unfinished, sketches or left over from Fear Of The Dark era. - Judgement of Heaven - Justice Of The Peace - Man on the Edge - Judgement Day.
Maybe ''Justice Of The Peace'' and ''Judgement Day'' are 2 of those 4 missing FOTD songs.

Blaze: Melt is a video game and it's one where Eddie, uh, plays a very evil, destructive force in the universe. What's happened is Eddie has been taken to pieces and various parts of him have been scattered throughout time and space and you as the game player, you actually have to go through time and space and various worlds as 14 or 15 worlds. So you have to travel to and collect various pieces of Eddie before he can get them so that then you finally do battle with him in hyperspace. So it's only, it's a completely 3-D game as well. (Blaze Bayley on The Beast Of The Beast Interview CD)

Blaze: This is developed by a British company called Virtual S. and, uh, so yeah, they're making up the whole game over here, which is good really, because we get to have a little bit of an input on it. Um, you know, and just say couple of things about how Eddie looks and a bit about the game play and stuff like that. So it's nice to be able to be involved and quite exciting as well day involved in the development of the game. (Blaze Bayley on The Beast Of The Beast Interview CD)

As you can see, the concept of the Melt game was totally different to what ended up being Ed Hunter. As a matter of fact, the game (I have some pictures of the demo that Blaze played on the developers building, looked awful. I even a quote by Blaze saying that the game got cancelled because it was CRAP!. Nothing to do with the graphics on Ed Hunter.

"Ed Hunter immerses the player into a world where chaos and terror reign. Where no corner is safe and there is nowhere to hide.

The player assumes the role of Ed Hunter, a private investigator down on his luck, who from the beginning is thrown into what seems an impossible nightmare.

Ed's story begins when he arrives back at his dingy office to find an envelope stuffed with full of cash, more than he's ever seen before in one place. Also inside is a crumpled note, written in an elegant, if spidery, hand. Pondering what job might be worth such a hefty advance, he opens the nore and reads on.

There is someone I need you to find. This person is being held in an institution. You myst free him and follow him to the end of the eart, if that is where he chooses to go. Let nothing stop you. He will not want to be followed. He may try to stop you. Defend yourself, but remember; he is not your enemy.

Here are the funds and further details. If you choose not to accept this mission, you can keep the money. Once you take on the task, there is no turning back. You will find your real reward at the end of the chase…

Ed Hunter finds himself pitted against a ghoulish array of enemies who are intent on stopping him in his quest however they can..." (Taken from the ED Hunter Press Pack)

About The Eddie in Melt being cooler than Ed Hunter Eddie... You be the judge of that with the Ad Below.

¿Want more info like this? You know what to do... https://www.subscribepage.com/luisma666

View attachment 11185
sounds almost like the story of the Legacy of the Beast game B)

I believe it's something Steve has written when he was sailing those darker waters with the divorce, passing of his father and all, which puts it closer to The X-Factor period than Fear of the Dark sessions.
Fortunes of War is always a song I'd love to hear Bruce do. I think he would make that intro even more haunting

Reactions: jcv
Listening to Shadows of the Valley the other day and thinking how cool it would've been to hear it live, but figured that its chance has probably been and gone. But it got me wondering, has any Maiden song made its live debut after its respective album tour?

How many shows Maiden did in their early years (1976-1979)? -> Wikipedia says: 200

- basically, all the shows since their inception, but before Metal For Muthas tour.

Could someone possibly answer me a question I have regarding Beast Over Hammersmith?

I think this is possibly one of Maiden's two or three best live releases. However, I have heard a couple of people theorising that there are guitar overdubs on it, or saying that the guitars sound too clean. I find this hard to credit as it's an archival release, but I suppose there is the possibility that some post production work was done on the recordings at the time of their taping or later. I have looked around the internet for answers but can't find anything at present.

If anyone could clarify this for me then I'd be very grateful; I like the album a lot, mainly because I think it's a pretty raw and honest live document of the band during one of their strongest tours performance wise.

Thanks

Not sure if and where are Rock In Rio dedicated thread.
So..
Someone is going to remaster Rock In Rio-show to 4K and 5K resolution, what do you think about this?

Not sure if and where are Rock In Rio dedicated thread.
So..
Someone is going to remaster Rock In Rio-show to 4K and 5K resolution, what do you think about this?
RiR feels very smooth which means it probably wasn't shot on film. That being said, it was probably recorded in some analog tape. Analog has a fixed number of lines so how are they gonna "remaster" it in 4k or 5k. If you have the master file (these tapes) you can convert them to digital at a bigger resolution (the number of lines remains the same so its a bit pointless beyond 1080). Does a fan channel on YouTube have access to these master tapes? Or are they just gonna use some lame ai upscaling software.

Back