What kind of new release from Iron Maiden would you really, really want?

What kind of new release from Iron Maiden would you really, really want?

• Total voters
Flags everywhere. The following year flags were banned from the arena at Download Festival.

Ok, I remember that I watched the streaming of the show live when it was and there were lots of flags around. But I don't exactly remember this one too much.
And Bruce fell during Wratchild and there were some technical problems during the show etc. which might actually effect how people see this one and it's got mixed opinions on atleast couple fan-forums through the years.
Haven't watched that show in ages, I think I have atleast couple versions of it on audio and video..but for I've seen comments of any of these "missing" shows through the years, maybe it's clear that even if they have recorded, filmed and mixed it there must be some certain reason why these haven't yet seen the light of day. Maybe it will or maybe not..
Even if I have hundreds and hundreds of shows in my little collection, I would still like to find that one show that would simply stand out from the rest as the best one from "A Matter Of Life And Death World Tour 2006-2007".

People keep talking about the flags and Bruce falling over and whatnot but I'm very certain (as I ultimately was the last time this conversation happened) that the real reason Donington '07 and the associated extra songs never came out was simply because Flight 666 ended up taking its spot.

Fingers crossed for 2026 or 2031 "A Matter of Life and Death 20 (or 25) th anniversary Special Edition", then.

Disc 1:
A Matter of Life and Death
(original tracklisting)

Disc 2:
A Matter of Live and Death
(the whole album performed live in 2006)

Disc 3:
A Matter of the Beast

1. Different World (live @ Abbey Road)
2. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns (live @ Abbey Road)
3. The Trooper (Radio Legends Sessions)
4. Hallowed be Thy Name (Radio Legends Sessions)
5. Children of the Damned (live 2007)
6. For the Greater Good of God (live in 2018)
7. Hocus Pocus
8. Space Truckin'
9. Tush
10. Angel of Death

Last edited:
You want a bonus disc with that tracklist, not even including Angel of Death and Tush? For shame.

Fingers crossed for 2026 or 2032 "A Matter of Life and Death 20 (or 25) th anniversary Special Edition", then.

I was going to say "That's another decade, I can't wait that long" then I remembered that 2026 is only a little over six years away. :S

A 2020 one. I hope it is realistic. You know, tour and book activities and other stuff.
Should be realistic. It was a clever move to record this year, that way they have a album ready immediately after LOTB ends.

Wow 114 responses to the poll. That's gotta be close to a record for this site. I don't believe any of the individual song polls have that many total votes.

Wow 114 responses to the poll. That's gotta be close to a record for this site. I don't believe any of the individual song polls have that many total votes.
A lot of those are lurkers who don't go into the Deep Maidenfans.

Apart from a new album:

- full live album and video concert (Live At Rainbow) from 1980/1981.
- video release for the rest of the songs from Beast Over Hammersmith.
- live album and video release (of a full show) from World Piece Tour 1983.
- live album and video release from Somewhere On Tour 1986/1987.
- live album (and some footage) from No Prayer On The Road 1990/1991.
- Live At Donington '92 re-release without the black & white footage.
- some live footage from the Blaze era.
- live album from The Ed Hunter Tour 1999... brutal performances!
- video release of the Ullevi 2005 concert.
- live album and video release from 2006/2007.
- video release from TFF tour 2010 leg.
- video release of the Download Festival 2013 concert.
- video release from Legacy Of The Beast Tour 2018/2019.

Last edited:
To narrow your list down, I'd want a live album from the full AMOLAD tour, the video of the Download 2013 and a video from LoTB 2018 leg.

Next history of iron maiden would be great.

Release a blaze live show, even if it's just on YouTube. Just put out video footage if you have it of his best live performances (Gothenburg 1995) of a few songs he could actually do live.

From The X Factour, all of the Blaze songs in the set, along with Wrathchild, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, maybe one or two more. Don't include Trooper obviously.

From VXI tour, again all the Blaze songs.

Next history of iron maiden would be great.

Release a blaze live show, even if it's just on YouTube. Just put out video footage if you have it of his best live performances (Gothenburg 1995) of a few songs he could actually do live.

From The X Factour, all of the Blaze songs in the set, along with Wrathchild, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, maybe one or two more. Don't include Trooper obviously.

From VXI tour, again all the Blaze songs.
There’s already full Blaze shows on YouTube that were originally recorded for television.

Back