Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

What's the best way to tag album names for bootlegs? I've come across the MusicBrainz guidelines for bootleg titles, but I'm still confused as to how to label, say, the October 5, 1979 recording @Mosh was discussing. Should it be:
  • 1979-10-05: Ruskin Arms, London, UK
  • 1979-10-05: The Ruskin Arms, London, UK
  • 1979-10-05: London, UK
I don't know whether the pub was called "Ruskin Arms" or "The Ruskin Arms".

I thought the described Harris approach was mighty interesting. I interpreted it as really him working on a song alone, and then -when done- he explains it to all the guys, everybody joins in (kinda the way Bruce did Empire of the Clouds, although I think Bruce came out of his isolation several times, and showed some of his stuff to others/'Arry before continuing). This happened four times. :--)
Agree.
(*) The bulk of the album are long songs - 7+ min, you don't try to do filler with long songs, and then there is only a handful of short songs, and everyones attention will be there too, because they contrast the bulk. We now have twice less, 3 as opposed to 6 on TBOS, "shorter" songs. This does point to a consistent album.
Well, AMOLAD is a consistent album.

What's the best way to tag album names for bootlegs? I've come across the MusicBrainz guidelines for bootleg titles, but I'm still confused as to how to label, say, the October 5, 1979 recording @Mosh was discussing. Should it be:
  • 1979-10-05: Ruskin Arms, London, UK
  • 1979-10-05: The Ruskin Arms, London, UK
  • 1979-10-05: London, UK
I don't know whether the pub was called "Ruskin Arms" or "The Ruskin Arms".

I've named my collection in a modified format to what I've already downloaded - prior to checking out any guidelines. That in essence created a brunt of renaming every new download. It's a variant 1 or 2 from your list, but with different bracketing and a band name before the venue name :

[1979-10-05] Iron Maiden - Ruskin Arms, London, UK (AUD)

All my bootlegs are in a single directory, of all bands. I'm just satisfied looking at the large list of stuff, than having a directory tree.
I use tag to denote the bootleg type. If it's a video i just add the tag DVD, DVD-5, etc.

Pub's name you just copy from the source bootleg. If you want to be nazi grammar about it, there are a lot of errors throughout the all bootleg list, you don't want to have to correct them all. For instance ex Yugoslav venue 'Pionir' means 'Pioneer' and not Pionor. So 'Pionor Hall' is 100% bullshit because it's either 'Dvorana Pionir' or 'Pioneer Hall'. You don't want to get into this they've played all over the world :)

tenor.gif

It's 7:00 pm on a Saturday evening. I have no work and no responsibilities tomorrow, and the only thing I feel like doing is staying in and reading a book. Is this what getting old feels like? :S

Back