Bruce Dickinson

That being said, I would be really surprised if Adrian wrote the lyrics of The Writing on the Wall.

Somewhat a surprise but he does know how to write lyrics and he does know what kind of stuff Bruce sings the best. They've been writing together on 30 years worth of albums. However the 'vagabonds' feels something that Bruce wouldn't put there.

I think last Bruce show was in 2002. What a shame. I was always hoping that he is going to do tour or one show with only his Maiden credits, that would be a hell of a setlist.

This is fresh interview with Bruce, it's been posted on the main part of the forums but shall go here aswell:
'Janick is in Newcastle'? That's either a 'name the nearest northern town southern people might have heard of' or he's gone to the dark side

I think last Bruce show was in 2002. What a shame. I was always hoping that he is going to do tour or one show with only his Maiden credits, that would be a hell of a setlist.
I think summer 2006 was the last chance for him to do a round of solo shows. I always thought he would do a run of European festivals promoting Tyranny of Souls. Similar to what he did in 2002. I can’t imagine he would want to do small halls and theatres. Since 2006, he hasn’t really had a summer off!

I can. But it's really sad that he didn't do a tour (or at least a small run of dates) for Tyranny Of Souls. Great album.
I think eh was pretty fed up with playing small venues in 1998. That was another reason for coming back to Maiden. Maybe he was still in that mindset in 2005-06.

It is a shame. It was such a good album.

I can. But it's really sad that he didn't do a tour (or at least a small run of dates) for Tyranny Of Souls. Great album.
Agreed! I really love Tyranny Of Souls! But did Bruce ever made a bad solo album? I think the debut was the least consistent but that contained great songs too.

Calling Tattooed Millionaire a great album feels like a stretch to me.
Tattooed Millionaire is a good fun album with only two fillers imo.

As a whole album, I like it more than Balls To Picasso & Skunkworks - although the album from 1994 has better songs.

Tattooed Millionaire is a good fun album with only two fillers imo.

As a whole album, I like it more than Balls To Picasso & Skunkworks - although the album from 1994 has better songs.
The A-side is pretty strong here (I first owned this on cassette when it was released), I've always liked Born In '58 and Son Of A Gun + title track as the best.
I remember the title track was played alot and the video was shown on tv back then. Haha, it was fun to see then. I can so remember the lyrics too..
What are your fillers here? I think "Lickin' The Gun" and "Zulu Lulu" were always the worst on the album.
Yep, maybe I was generous but TM is anyways good debut and start of the journey as it was only gonna get better along the road.
I've liked how each expanded 2cd-reissue got the 2nd disc of rarities, b-sides and recordings of the era stuff added there.

Last edited:
I don't think Tatooed Millionaire is worth much, it's an intentional half-arsed album that has already mentioned 2 "OK" tracks in form of title track and Son of a Gun. Low effort side project.

'Janick is in Newcastle'? That's either a 'name the nearest northern town southern people might have heard of' or he's gone to the dark side
I was wondering about that the last time we saw this interview. Chances of Janick actually being in Newcastle vs chances of London-based journalist thinking Newcastle is the entirety of the North East ... ::)

And Bruce doesn't help :angry-:

Last edited:
Back