Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the album going to be called? "Belshazzar's Feast"? "Writings on the Wall"? "Wrath of the Waters"? "Warriors of the World"?

To be fair, the actual Bible passage (Book of Daniel) is also a bit strange when it comes to naming things. First, Daniel and three of his pals get kidnapped in Jerusalem and are brought to Nebuchatnezzar's kingdom. Then they are given new names: Daniel is then also called Belshazzar. after Nebuchatnezzar's gone, the new king is called Belshazzar. But it's Nebuchatnezzar's son Belshazzar, not Daniel called Belshazzar.
The story is set during the Exile, after Israel was conquered by Babylon and some of the Israelites were taken to Babylon.
The exile and its impact on the Hebrew Bible and religion is fascinating but, to explain the name changes - it's part of the Babylonian empire's policy of assimilation. The Babylonians give Daniel and the others new, Babylonian names to replace their Jewish names to try and turn them into Babylonians. It's not the author getting confused.

A big part of the book of Daniel (and several others in the Old Testament) is the Israelites maintaining their own identity and resisting the attempt to assimilate them.

I feel like there is more to Balshazzar's Feast than just the single and music video. For one thing, the taglines on the poster saying "Heaven Or Hell", "Man or Beast" must be significant in some way.

There are a few other Biblical references in the music video that suggest this is a wider theme in the forthcoming album.

For example, the man and woman eating the apple at the end is almost certainly a reference to Adam and Eve.

We also have the Four Eddies riding around like the four horsemen of the apocalypse - at 4:43 when Samurai Eddie makes the star appear on the wall it has the names of the Four Horsemen written around it.

That being said, Samurai Eddie doesn't fit at all. It doesn't fit with anything else in the video either, it's totally random and out of nowhere. The level of detqil he gets is also much more than anything else in the video, which suggests he mught feature elsewhere in the album.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210716-173644_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20210716-173644_YouTube.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 4
Maybe the album cover will be indeed the Samurai Eddie from the video of the single - the animation of him is pretty real and cool (and everything other is cartoonish). The only other Eddies are the four horsemen (which are Eddies from some album covers of the band).

But will they put this Eddie as an album cover?... we already have seen a pretty similar one in the LOTB game. It would be an odd and lazy move for sure. The single cover is also lazy.

Notably, I didn't see a WOTW in there. I wonder if anyone else has, but it might indeed mean that the album is not WOTW and that was just the single.

Notably, I didn't see a WOTW in there. I wonder if anyone else has, but it might indeed mean that the album is not WOTW and that was just the single.
I was wondering that- could it be TWOTW was just a stand alone song and not on the new album?
It was teased as new music and not as being from a new album.
just a thought I suppose

I was wondering that- could it be TWOTW was just a stand alone song and not on the new album?
It was teased as new music and not as being from a new album.
just a thought I suppose
But the post-that-must-not-be-named stated that Bruce thought the new album was awesome and that the first single had a killer video, so I think it actually is a part of the record.

But the post-that-must-not-be-named stated that Bruce thought the new album was awesome and that the first single had a killer video, so I think it actually is a part of the record.
Yep. Plus it's unusual for Maiden to release a song and not include it anywhere - for example, ''Virus'' was not an album song, but it is part of a compilation album.
First single? Like in 'more than one single'?
The last time when they released 2 proper singles (with videos) was for the AMOLAD album.

The Eddie on the album cover will not be the Samurai from the video:

- Eddie is Iron Maiden’s longtime mascot, who’s appeared on all the band’s album artwork and some videos, but a new incarnation of Eddie has never been launched in a video.

Info from here:

Reactions: jcv
The Eddie on the album cover will not be the Samurai from the video:

- Eddie is Iron Maiden’s longtime mascot, who’s appeared on all the band’s album artwork and some videos, but a new incarnation of Eddie has never been launched in a video.

Info from here:

I think that just means that it's the first time ever a new Eddie is debuted in a video. Even if he appears on the album, his debut was on the video anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back