Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

1623184971447-png.14953
Dammit, that beats my previous favorite, from a trip to India:
6C5D2C63-5D0E-40A6-99C7-A08AA070EDF2.jpeg

I'll tell you what it means: One shit after another. That's what it is.
Jesus Christ, get the fuck over yourself. There is no need to be such a constant downer here. You act as though every single thing Maiden does is terrible and I’m sick of it. Criticism is one thing, but you’ve just progressed to blind cynicism. Maiden is comprised of multimillionaires who don’t owe you a goddamn thing. Find something else to gripe about, holy shit.

It's just my opinion. It's just that I don't want to see my favorite band selling shit. I just want new music from them.
I don't want to see Maiden turns into a joke and cabaret band. It's ok selling posters, t-shirts, programs, but football uniforms…come on. The beer was fine with the three first ones. But it's enough. Don't be angry. :cheers:

It's just my opinion. It's just that I don't want to see my favorite band selling shit. I just want new music from them.
I don't want to see Maiden turns into a joke and cabaret band. It's ok selling posters, t-shirts, programs, but football uniforms…come on. The beer was fine with the three first ones. But it's enough. Don't be angry. :cheers:
A football hater, I assume? It's never cool when your favourite band associates with the stuff you hate the most.

Man, there are countless things that I can hate more. :lol:

I loved football since I was a little kid until last year that I've totally lost all the interest in the game. But let me tell you that I hate the business and the war against drunk supporters. It seems that you're going to the war not to see a game to enjoy…

The thing is I find relationship between Maiden and football/soccer totally absurd. I know Steve's past and I know how him and some of the members of the band played football as a hobby or just to kill time between shows. But I have to tall you my disagree with Steve to wear as a football player when he is playing the show. So I hate the Maiden-football merchandise since 98 when he started to wear the football shirts. Rock in Rio 2001…ufff wearing the complete football uniform…well I hated that stuff since then.

I just want that my favorite band release new music. That's all. I'm tired of beers, football uniforms, reissues or remasters, books, book tours, the game tour…

I don't mind a football shirt or two (and the white retro one is surely one of the better looking football shirts!) but when they're launching an entire line of tracksuits, training jackets, training gilet, home/away shirts...it does get out of hand.

But can we all take a moment and appreciate the glorious 80s tribute that is the pastel yellow Somewhere In Time sweatshirt! :applause:

I loved football since I was a little kid until last year that I've totally lost all the interest in the game. But let me tell you that I hate the business and the war against drunk supporters. It seems that you're going to the war not to see a game to enjoy…

The thing is I find relationship between Maiden and football/soccer totally absurd. I know Steve's past and I know how him and some of the members of the band played football as a hobby or just to kill time between shows. But I have to tall you my disagree with Steve to wear as a football player when he is playing the show. So I hate the Maiden-football merchandise since 98 when he started to wear the football shirts. Rock in Rio 2001…ufff wearing the complete football uniform…well I hated that stuff since then.

I just want that my favorite band release new music. That's all. I'm tired of beers, football uniforms, reissues or remasters, books, book tours, the game tour…
You seem tired. Have a Trooper. ;)

Something curious: Michael Kiske about Iron Maiden's The X Factor album... (Adrian is also involved):

''I don't want to hurt Blaze, I don't know him, but he was not Bruce Dickinson. I actually listened to The X Factor album with Adrian Smith in my apartment when we were both fooling around with my first solo record (Instant Clarity). We couldn't understand what we were hearing. The whole spirit of the album was very weird.''

For the whole interview: click here

Interesting that this was said in the context of him losing out to Blaze and not getting the job himself. I'm not sure how much importance to attach to that detail ... ::)

Maiden make a brave change of direction and someone who was familiar with what they did before doesn't get it. On one level this isn't entirely surprising but on the other hand as Kiske is a musician himself I might have hoped he would have a bit more imagination. I can see TXF must have been a shock when it first appeared (coming as it did straight off the back of FOTD) and the spirit of the album is certainly different but I still fail to see how it's "weird". At least he admits that he just couldn't understand it though, which is better than simply denouncing it as rubbish.

Nice of him to acknowledge that Blaze is not Bruce but he loses points for suggesting that this is inherently a bad thing. Apart from anything else, it's just as unfair on Bruce as it is on Blaze.

Interesting that this was said in the context of him losing out to Blaze and not getting the job himself. I'm not sure how much importance to attach to that detail ... ::)

Maiden make a brave change of direction and someone who was familiar with what they did before doesn't get it. On one level this isn't entirely surprising but on the other hand as Kiske is a musician himself I might have hoped he would have a bit more imagination. I can see TXF must have been a shock when it first appeared (coming as it did straight off the back of FOTD) and the spirit of the album is certainly different but I still fail to see how it's "weird". At least he admits that he just couldn't understand it though, which is better than simply denouncing it as rubbish.

Nice of him to acknowledge that Blaze is not Bruce but he loses points for suggesting that this is inherently a bad thing.
Agree. And it's not like TXF album is that big of a change of the Maiden's sound or something.... (it's the start of the progressive era of the band though). The spirit of the album is different (definitely not ''weird''), but it's still Maiden - Kiske needs to listen to ''Sign Of The Cross'' more and he will understand better. TXF album was indeed a brave move and a one which many bands would not make. Steve and Maiden deserve admiration just for that... plus, the album is very good (a unique one in the band's discography). The fans appreciate and like it more now than when it was released.

It's interesting that he talks about a different vibe of the album, he seems to have forgotten how different are the two Helloween albums with him from the 90's compared with the two Keepers - and the vocalist was not changed (in contrast with TXF album). New vocalist in a band always brings new sound/vibe.

Back