GREATEST METAL ALBUM CUP - Winner: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son!

I made the mistake and it wasn’t a technical error, it was not taking the time to thoroughly read the options. You’re putting more energy into trying to get LC to reverse my vote than I did making the vote in the first place. It’s not a big deal and the rules have been clear from the start.

It's not you particularly, I just think the rule is random, gratituous, bad.

IIRC, even when changing votes was blocked in the poll itself, we could do it via contacting the person moderating the game and it was at their discretion, sure, but still possible.

Whatever.

Operation:Mindcrime and Somewhere In Time are in my Top 3 favourite albums of all time so this wasn´t very hard. Doesn´t mean I dislike the brilliant AMOLAD or the magnificent RTL.

Operation:Mindcrime and Somewhere In Time are in my Top 3 favourite albums of all time so this wasn´t very hard. Doesn´t mean I dislike the brilliant AMOLAD or the magnificent RTL.
Yes, it does. Everything is dualistic. There is no grey area. People are either united, or enemies. Didn't vote for RTL? You HATE Metallica.

*Does not apply to misclicks or brave souls who changed their minds.

Last edited:
A Matter of Life and Death is the best Maiden album since Seventh Son and after listening the whole Queensryche discography these days. Yes, it's true that Operation MIndcrime is their top album of their career and is very good but I really enjoyed more listening AMOLAD and it's a better album.
About Somewhere in Time, it's my 2nd favorite Maiden album ever, it has speed, amazing guitar harmonies and guitar solos. Bruce is immense and the rhythm section is absolutely incredible. Ride the Lightning is my 2nd favorite Metallica album with a bunch of good songs but Somewhere in Time is much better to me. That's all.

IIRC, even when changing votes was blocked in the poll itself, we could do it via contacting the person moderating the game and it was at their discretion, sure, but still possible.
Yes, in those games, it was allowed, or at the discretion of the game runner. In this game, it's not and never has been, due to specific design.

Why? Because it's just a silly game and I thought it would be funny if a game was determined by a misclick at some point. Just relax. Have fun :)

Millennials are cute, thinking that others should fix their mistakes.

You do realize I was not talking about myself, not having done any mistakes in the game so far?
Or does your memory already begin to betray you, you spry chap?

Last edited:
A Matter Of Life And Death is a triumphant album, Maiden’s third best in my estimation. Half of it is excellent to near perfection, and the other half is good to great. It would easily clobber most competitors, but we’re reaching the end of the line here where “mostly excellent” isn’t always enough to win a match — and sure enough, here comes the juggernaut known as Operation: Mindcrime, arguably the greatest metal concept album of all time, and for me one of the very best metal albums of all time. Every track on here slays except for maybe “My Empty Room”, the overarching story is cool, and the way the ending circles back to the beginning was an absolute revelation the first time I heard it, and it still gets me today. So, sorry PotunmoshicKidInThe Dissidentyn DJ Jeddie’s FloosrfKalatianannonman, your album was worthy, but I have to go with JeFTBotoxsrfvis The Dissidreddie’s Moshkindiesollinman’s choice here. Winner: Queensrÿche

Somewhere In Time is also a great album overall, Maiden’s fourth best by my count — but it’s got a couple of weaker tracks in “Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner” and “Deja Vu”, and “Caught Somewhere In Time” is merely a good song, while the rest of the album is great or better. Compared to Ride The Lightning, which is truly all killer and no filler, it just doesn’t hold up. Sorry, Collyn DrJ Jamidmatic’s The DissidarkalatarljantFTBashsrflikipodman, but Darianax Perotoe’s WhooshCannonfed Jerknightman’s nominee is superior. Winner: Metallica

Also, own-nominee bias.

Operation: Mindcrime is a very good album, but A Matter Of Life And Death is all killer, no filler! One of the best albums of Maiden. I also like it more as a whole album. AMOLAD (along with BNW, SSOASS and SIT) are the best Maiden albums as a whole piece imo.

Ride The Lightning is the best Metallica album imo, but Somewhere In Time is a classic for the ages (again, one of all time best albums of Maiden and all songs are great). In terms of all songs in both albums, I like SIT more.

Goddamn, AMOLAD is the most overrated album on the forum but it kees getting paired up against albums that I don’t care about.

And I support Loosey’s rule about not taking back votes. It adds a tiny amount of randomness which is good, in my opinion.

Back