Rant Thread

Well, now that you mentioned it, no sounds of the woman wailing anymore. Just the hammering...

What can they be doing, other than floor, kitchen cabinets or assembling furniture??? The floor isn't that big, have they bought a massive storage system or what? Also, the rules of this building clearly state renovation is forbidden after 7 PM and Sundays, which is pretty much the only time they do it. Sometimes they also pull all-nighters, and I can hear clinking and clanking whenever I wake up at night.

I believe there was already a complaint made, but it didn't change anything. If I'm completely serious, the noise isn't continuous and doesn't bother me that much. It's just irritating, and I can't understand how someone can spend such a long time renovating a one-room flat. :)

Least favorite neighbour's renovation noises:
1. Drilling
2. Hammering
3. Fighting.

The renovation's been happening on and off for 1,5 years now. I understand you have a day job, but kindly finish it quickly or leave it! How can it possibly take so long to do a tiny apartment, do you keep doing and redoing it or what?!!
DRILLING. HAMMERING. FIGHTING. GOING IN AGAIN

Driiiiill, liiiiive toooo hammer
Hammer to liiiive
Fight or diiiieee
Woooon't you drill?
Live to driiill
Drill to liiiive
Neighbours hiiiIIIIIiiiiiigh

I'm so fucking angry right now! We have a team development afternoon next week, four hours outside. We had to enrol first, and only afterwards did they mention people should wear a mask! The Finnish official mask recommendation is public transport and inside in certain places, NOT outside. It's bad enough sitting outside in October, it isn't very warm, let alone with a mask! Goddamn, they should have told that before, and I wouldn't have enrolled!

I'm so fucking angry right now! We have a team development afternoon next week, four hours outside. We had to enrol first, and only afterwards did they mention people should wear a mask! The Finnish official mask recommendation is public transport and inside in certain places, NOT outside. It's bad enough sitting outside in October, it isn't very warm, let alone with a mask! Goddamn, they should have told that before, and I wouldn't have enrolled!
Call in sick ... :innocent:

Well, things have recently taken a turn and it's now very likely I won't get another job agreement in my current job. Nothing to do with my mask opinions, though. :lol: And not anything I've done, this is just the way things are. I could rant about this, but I find it easier to know I WON'T continue, because uncertainty is the worst. I really would have liked to keep my job, because I like my colleagues, but what can you do. There are other jobs I can apply, so the situation is not hopeless. And now of course I can express my opinions more freely; after all, I'm not keeping my job in any case! :bigsmile: (as long as I can still ask my current boss for a recommendation)

Well, things have recently taken a turn and it's now very likely I won't get another job agreement in my current job. Nothing to do with my mask opinions, though. :lol: And not anything I've done, this is just the way things are. I could rant about this, but I find it easier to know I WON'T continue, because uncertainty is the worst. I really would have liked to keep my job, because I like my colleagues, but what can you do. There are other jobs I can apply, so the situation is not hopeless. And now of course I can express my opinions more freely; after all, I'm not keeping my job in any case! :bigsmile: (as long as I can still ask my current boss for a recommendation)
Sorry to hear you don´t get another job agreement. :( good luck in finding a new one.

Is there anything more useless than government administration? Yes, civil servants. Together they create a black hole that sucks up the entire existence of busy, hard-working, law-abiding citizens and I hope THEY FUCK OFF AND ROT IN HELL!
Thank you, I will. :bigsmile: Today I also found out that I will continue sucking up the citizens, as against all odds, it's now possible that my job as a civil servant continues after next February. :) I won't however be spending your hard-earned money, Ariana, just that of the Finnish taxpayers. ;)

Is there anything more useless than government administration? Yes, civil servants. Together they create a black hole that sucks up the entire existence of busy, hard-working, law-abiding citizens and I hope THEY FUCK OFF AND ROT IN HELL!
We aim to please

Back