Official American Football Thread

The Washington Wizards basketball team used to be named the Washington Bullets. I think it'd be cool if they brought the Bullets name back for the football team but there's no way they will.

I doubt it considering they got rid of the nickname "bullets" for it's violent conotations. You know, natural disasters are fine, but they draw the line at gang violence.

Speaking of the Washington football team, the Washington Post is reporting that 15 women who worked for the Redskins are alleging sexual harassment and verbal abuse by team employees including scouts and members of owner Daniel Snyder's inner circle.

When it rains it pours. An argument can be made that the Redskins are one of the worst professional sports organizations period.

Speaking of the Washington football team, the Washington Post is reporting that 15 women who worked for the Redskins are alleging sexual harassment and verbal abuse by team employees including scouts and members of owner Daniel Snyder's inner circle.

When it rains it pours. An argument can be made that the Redskins are one of the worst professional sports organizations period.
I guarantee you it isn't the only team, just the one that got caught. Several articles came out after Payton Manning won with Denver about alleged abuse going back to his days in college and how, due to his talent, it was squashed by him, his coaches, the school/organization, etc. Nothing ever came of it. How many teams/players do it and it just doesn't make the news...

Packers are off to a hot start too! It seems they actually learned their lesson with the defense from last week and kept it strong this time even with a good lead.

Packers are off to a hot start too! It seems they actually learned their lesson with the defense from last week and kept it strong this time even with a good lead.
The Packers are looking pretty good.

In other news... the third Seahawks-Patriots game to come down to one yard in a row just occurred. Unreal.

I don't know how, but the Bears are 3-0. They easily could have lost every game they played so far. Trubisky has been benched, so now it's Nick Foles' time to shine.

Smart decision by starting Foles. Trubisky is one of the worst starting quarterbacks.

Cam Newton got Covid, and now it's very likely that the Patriots - Chiefs game won't be played this week. The Titans - Steelers game already had to be postponed after a major outbreak among Titans players and staff.

Man, the NFC East is utter dogshit. It's a shame that one of those teams will get to go to the playoffs.
Yeah, I was pulling for the Giants yesterday .. I would like to see the division winner with 6 wins to effect a future rule change that a division winner needs to be at least .500 (which still sucks for getting in, but better than this shit show)

Eagles leading the division with a 3-5-1 record? Yeah... this is why I can't stand divisions. In any sport. I understand that the leagues need to get as many markets around the country involved in the playoffs, but you're always going to have a team that deserves to be in not make it.

In MLB, for example, I think the top four teams from each league should go to the playoffs, and that's it. If all four of those teams come out of one division? So be it.

Back