IRON MAIDEN ALBUM REFERENDUM 2020: Results -> Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son wins!

Are you satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
That man/woman without a shadow and no soul Bruce sings about in OOTS.
latest

none of the songs are as bad as OOTS
Let's see...

The Angel And The Gambler [...]
Lightning Strikes Twice [...]
When Two Worlds Collide [...]
Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger [...]
Como Estais Amigos
Pretty good list, but you forgot the other three.
Maiden have never written a song dripping with so much utter emotion as Como Estais Amigos.
Sure they did — it’s called “Out Of The Shadows”. And it’s a much better song than “Como Estáis Amigos”.

Yeah, I'd even say that if AMOLAD has a weak spot, it'd be OOTS (it's just a bit more bloated version of Wasting Love, let's admit it, and I prefer the original), although the solo and how it transforms into the final chorus is beautiful.

Como Estais is not only the best song off VXI (which is not even that low for me - I rate it at least above the first three albums and NPFTD), but also a magnificent, emotional, beautiful song in general and it deserves all the love it can get, 'cause it's mostly unjustly forgotten.

Really dig that we triumphant bit in the middle of CEA. Filled with so much pomp but also saddness. Strange effect. OotS has none of that.

Yeah this. When I heard it for the first time, it reminded me of the similar but different "lamentative" middle part of the previous 2AM, however even more poignant and beautiful.

Yep, who was that spineless bastard that ruined this? Indeed, we all could have done extra accounts to secure AMOLAD..
I guess some people really have pea stuck way too deep in their nose or have something personal issues regarding AMOLAD.

All great albums, but could have hoped to see welcome change in usual routines and so it would have been so awesome if AMOLAD had continued..

Yep, who was that spineless bastard that ruined this? Indeed, we all could have done extra accounts to secure AMOLAD..
I guess some people really have pea stuck way too deep in their nose or have something personal issues regarding AMOLAD.

Dude, metal fandom and Gen Z hipsters - some of the last bastions of people still considering the 80's the pinnacle of human culture

:ninja:

Looking at the previous comments, I seem to be the only one here who actually likes Back In The Village.

Dude, metal fandom and Gen Z hipsters - some of the last bastions of people still considering the 80's the pinnacle of human culture

:ninja:
I have a friend who always claims the 80's were the most redneck/hick/peasant decade in the world's history.

@MagnusHow would you translate "най-селските години"?

I have a friend who always claims the 80's were the most redneck/hick/peasant decade in the world's history.

@MagnusHow would you translate "най-селските години"?

I wanted to say that certainly can't be true, considering all of the human history (*cough *cough French Revolution *cough) ( :ninja: ), but then again, the 80's also gave us Reagan and Thatcher, so yeah, I stand corrected.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand - despite my yesterday's outburst, I will continue voting, though I don't particularly care (AMOLAD deserved to win or at least be in the Top 3). Powerslave has really high highs (though a really slogging middle), SIT at least has a rather charming atmosphere and two particularly pretty songs (Madness and Loneliness) and some nice guitarwork... so I'm gonna vote against SSOASS. Which will probably win the whole thing, it would seem.

But yeah, the only really really great song is the title track (which is brought down by those stupid keyboard choirs in the middle, that can't even start on time at that) and Infinite Dreams (though I liked that trick more on Starblind, this one feels a bit half-baked, I dunno, is it the structure?) and the rest is mostly... just good (Moonchild, OTGDY), catchy, but easily overplayed and therefore easy to annoy (Evil, Can I Play) or a complete mess (The Prophecy). But like I said, it's probably gonna win.

So although it is overrated somewhat (at least around here), SIT is probably the most well-rounded album out of these three. Most consistent.

Last edited:
80's the pinnacle of human culture
Regarding each decade I can remember of or have a close tie with a person that lived its youth during it (I.e. my older sister is 8 years older and can shed some lights about the 70's) more than 99% of the stuff that came out in the 80's were unparalleled corniness like I've never seen before... especially on culture. But the remainder small minority was really, reaaaaaally good.

Back