IRON MAIDEN ALBUM REFERENDUM 2020: Results -> Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son wins!

Are you satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Shitwhere in Time

Shitslave?

Powershit, come on now, get with it.

Faeces High
Rime of the Ancient Manure
Losfer Cramps (Big Ordure)
The Diarrheaists
Soil Myself in Time
The Constipation of the Long Distance Runner
Deja-Poo (since they use the incorrect pronunciation anyway)
Al, Excretor the Great

but also

Mooning Child
Can I Play with My Ass
The Perineum
The Cheekvoyant
Only the Stool Dies Young

Last edited:
Powerslave is just too uneven. First two and last two songs, which are the most popular ones, and Flash Of The Blade are just on another level compared to forgettable Losfer Words, Duellists and Back In The Village. Compared to that, Seventh Song only really has one truly forgettable song which is The Prophecy. SIT and AMOL&D have no forgettable songs and are generally much more even albums in terms of quality and memorability.

Just my opinion, of course.

SiT is just sci-fi Powerslave with a less enthused Bruce.

Seventh Son is a half-assed concept album that has great songs but dips fast.

AMOLAD has a clunky middle which makes listening to it in full a bit unsatisfying.

Powerslave is just the highest octane metal record Maiden ever released. It solidified them as gods in the genre and every song is among their best.

AMOLAD has a clunky middle which makes listening to it in full a bit unsatisfying.

Powerslave is just the highest octane metal record Maiden ever released. It solidified them as gods in the genre and every song is among their best.
What Powerslave have you been listening to? An alternate version without semi-filler? :D It's a great record, with enourmous peaks, but I think there are more consistent albums out there. None of them other more consistent albums has Aces High, Powerslave or Rime though, three of the best Maiden songs.

You're right. It's not that good. It's that great.
Maiden's most even album. It just slays.

FYI this is only in the context of Maiden’s discography and somewhat hyperbolic, just because of the nature of the game. All four of these albums would likely get higher than a 90% if I were scoring them. Powerslave is a flat out 100% though.

The thing I appreciate the most about Powerslave is how cohesive it is. Diesel is right in saying that it's the highest octane metal record Maiden ever released. It never loses its pulse throughout, even when the weaker tracks are playing. It has that "more than the sum of its parts" thing only some albums have, it doesn't merely sound like a catalogue of songs.

Sounds about right, actually.
Huh? Where’s the dip?
Lulz, the middle is the best part of the album. “The Longest Day” through “For The Greater Good Of God” is all top shelf stuff. And the other songs are mostly great too.
Agreed except for the last sentence. “Losfer Words“ isn’t even close to top tier Maiden. “Back In The Village” has a terrible chorus, though the rest of the song is great. “The Duellists” is great, but also not top tier stuff. All of that said, Powerslave is still my #2 favorite Maiden album.

Reactions: Yax
But remember, what I've said in the past (when I did rate all the songs and albums for fun) Maiden never did truly bad album and they never failed like some of other known bands and their contemporaries. I like all their albums and singles..this is just fun game to rank each and put them in order.
Sure some albums (like The X Factor) don't get that quite often listened but they just need that certain feeling to fully listen and get immersed.

The amount of blasphemy that comes from you people's mouth is megalithic. Are we talking about thee same Powerslave, Somewhere In Time, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son or A matter Of Life And Death I know? Seriously,get some help... Damn heretics.

The amount of blasphemy that comes from you people's mouth is megalithic. Are we talking about thee same Powerslave, Somewhere In Time, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son or A matter Of Life And Death I know? Seriously,get some help... Damn heretics.
Rant of the day. :applause:

It never loses its pulse throughout, even when the weaker tracks are playing.
The reason why it seems the record has "weaker" songs IMO is the immense quality of The title track, Aces High and Rime Of The Ancient Mariner. Why? Simply because Powerslave is in my top 10 best Maiden songs and both Aces High and Rime Of The Ancient mariner are in my... errr... top 2. :D :D :D :D . Come on! 2 Minutes can be a bit radio friendly and overplayed but still one hell of a song, Losfer Words has simply mesmerizing passages (the tappping and harmonies are monstrous). The galloping on The Duelists is simply top notch, Back In The Village is a beast of a speedster and when the "worst" song of an album is a track as great as Flash Of The Blade I think it's enough said.

And the most impressive thing is that it's not my favorite album (being SIT)! Another display of near perfection. What are the fillers here? Deja Vu? With those leads? The chugging beast that is Sea Of Madness? Or is it The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner (another one of my top 10 Maiden songs)? Please...

And Seventh Son? Moonchild... are you people's eardrums ok? Can I Play With Madness? Yeah a bit poppy but everything here is absolutely on point. The Prophecy? Yeah sure... another of my top 10 Maiden songs. Only The Good Die Young? Perhaps the most perfect prologue on a metal concept album? Oh boy...

And then we have AMOLAD. Ok... IMO although devoid of fillers some songs are less great (Different World, Pilgrim and Out Of The Shadows) but still are really good cuts. And then we have the remainder of the record filled with top tier tracks. And if some of you think it's a bit less achieved than the previous 3 albums remaining in this game think about this for a while: while those records were composed practically in the ascension of the band, AMOLAD was penned 30 FUCKING YEARS after the first Maiden songs were made. I'll repeat: 30 years! This is something nearly unheard of: what other successful metal band can release an album as neck to neck to the best records of its classics as deep in their career as Maiden did here? Perhaps Priest with Firepower but even so it's not a top 5 or 4 album in their catalogue as I and the mjority of people in this forum think AMOLAD is.

So before bashing these records remember: these ain't your Fear Of The Dark or Virtual XI. These are absolutely top tier Maiden records and the level of cringe some commentaries here achieve just in order for its favorite album to win is unbelievable.

But then again we live in a free world and people are allowed to write whatever they want.

P.S: And don't get me started on the other 80's albums (especially the first two)

Last edited:
The only thing on Powerslave that gives me filler vibes is the fact that Losfer Words and The Duellists sound very similar at times.

Back