Iron Maiden confirmed on the "Download TV Festival" - June 12-14

Download 2007 falled during the second leg of the A Matter... Tour, which was meant to celebrate the 25th anniversary of The Number of the Beast. IIRC, they planned to play five songs out of Number of the Beast, but actually they played four (Children, The Number, Run to the Hills and Hallowed).

Download 2007 falled during the second leg of the A Matter... Tour, which was meant to celebrate the 25th anniversary of The Number of the Beast. IIRC, they planned to play five songs out of Number of the Beast, but actually they played four (Children, The Number, Run to the Hills and Hallowed).

22AA was the 5th song apparently and it was probably replaced by Wrathchild IIRC.

22AA was the 5th song apparently and it was probably replaced by Wrathchild IIRC.
Most likely.
They played Acacia Avenue in the Give Me Ed Tour, so they planned to play this more probably than The Prisoner. Or Total Eclipse, as someone suggested back in the days (insert laughing Adrian gif here).

My wet dream would have been the full album live, honestly.

Wrathchild was in before they dubbed the tour A Matter of the Beast. I think the setlist for those first shows (Dubai was one) was shorter because Janick had injured his foot.

John McMurtrie actually said on his Instagram this week that the O2 LOTB gigs were the best Maiden gigs he ever shot/has been to.
He actually said that about the 2017 gigs. I attended both and they felt really special altough judging from youtube videos the 2018 gigs seems to have a better performance. At least from Bruce.

He actually said that about the 2017 gigs. I attended both and they felt really special altough judging from youtube videos the 2018 gigs seems to have a better performance. At least from Bruce.

Oh yeah... TBOS. My bad. But yeah, Bruce on LOTB is on another level.

Back