Iron Maiden confirmed on the "Download TV Festival" - June 12-14

BTW, just like others, I think they will release some live footage. If I’m not mistaken, Download 2013 was streamed on TV, so I’d prefer something from 2016.

Download ‘07, I lost my faith about it ages ago.

Download 07 is best forgotten. I remember watching that on youtube and thinking Maiden had started to lose it. It's one of my least favourite Maiden gigs of all the ones I have listened to or watched on youtube.

2016 was too, 4 tracks, i think they were Speed of Light, Children of the Damned, The Book of Souls and maybe Blood Brothers???

2016 was too, 4 tracks, i think they were Speed of Light, Children of the Damned, The Book of Souls and maybe Blood Brothers???
Indeed. And 2013 was The Trooper, Phantom of the Opera and Fear of the Dark.

Probably it will be a live footage from Download (not a whole concert?).

2016: it would be great.... we will get TOAC and HBTN with a pro-shot quality.
2013: if it is the full show it would be awesome (since we do not have a DVD from this tour).... ATSS, SSOASS and The Prisoner with a proper mixing.
2007: sadly, this is probably forgotten by now.
2003: it would be great if they show some songs from it, because if I'm not mistaken, there is no footage of Maiden from Download 03.
1988: I doubt.

Snippets from the LOTB tour sounds great too, probably taken from a future video/live album from the LOTB tour.

And the most curious thing: ''together with an intriguing exclusive just for Download TV.'' - new song? Naaah.

Download 07 is best forgotten. I remember watching that on youtube and thinking Maiden had started to lose it. It's one of my least favourite Maiden gigs of all the ones I have listened to or watched on youtube.
I was there and it was a good show. I don't know what you're complaining about. To be fair, you probably couldn't see anything because of all the flags in the crowd. I believe that was the reason it was never released.

A 10 sec video of Rod announcing Maiden headlining Download 2021?
We've been over this already: https://forum.maidenfans.com/thread...n-the-download-tv-festival.71560/#post-861584

If there is going to be anything new from Iron Maiden at Fake Download then I reckon it won't be anything more than an announcement of an announcement, or a hint of an announcement. The most we can expect is a date and time along with www.ironmaiden.com on the screen for a few seconds, like we got at the end of 'The Book of Souls: Live Chapter' Youtube stream a couple of years ago. I can honestly see it being no more than something like "stay tuned to ironmaiden.com".

I know what will happen here though. Some of you will speculate on every imaginable scenario even if they're all completely illogical and impractical. The anxiety will reach fever pitch on the day of Iron Maiden's segment. When it just turns out to be something banal, mediocre and anti-climactic you'll all throw your collective rattles out of the pram and criticize the band for not doing more when the expectation for something big was all from you guys. Perhaps a little more restraint with your expectations this time guys?

I was there and it was a good show. I don't know what you're complaining about. To be fair, you probably couldn't see anything because of all the flags in the crowd. I believe that was the reason it was never released.

We've been over this already: https://forum.maidenfans.com/thread...n-the-download-tv-festival.71560/#post-861584

If there is going to be anything new from Iron Maiden at Fake Download then I reckon it won't be anything more than an announcement of an announcement, or a hint of an announcement. The most we can expect is a date and time along with www.ironmaiden.com on the screen for a few seconds, like we got at the end of 'The Book of Souls: Live Chapter' Youtube stream a couple of years ago. I can honestly see it being no more than something like "stay tuned to ironmaiden.com".

I know what will happen here though. Some of you will speculate on every imaginable scenario even if they're all completely illogical and impractical. The anxiety will reach fever pitch on the day of Iron Maiden's segment. When it just turns out to be something banal, mediocre and anti-climactic you'll all throw your collective rattles out of the pram and criticize the band for not doing more when the expectation for something big was all from you guys. Perhaps a little more restraint with your expectations this time guys?
Wizard, you are such a square, man.

Should I ask you first next time I want to post something?

I think the announcement is the rebranding of Download to "Iron Maiden Open Air", where Maiden will play a special live streaming set featuring Paul Di'anno doing a couple of his songs from his wheelchair, and have the band play to a backing track of Clive drumming, with some nice shots of Clive drumming from the Rainbow show from 81. Blaze will also be doing "Speed of Light".

Iron Maiden, being a progressive rock band, will also change the set progressively during the show, starting out as a standard Maiden show, going thorugh the Paul/Clive segment and ending on a Queensryche-style Cabaret performance of Run To The Hills. And yes, very much like Geoff tate, Bruce will be wearing a bathrobe and attempt a saxophone solo, instead of Davey's RTTH lead.

1988: I doubt.
We all doubt, mainly because it was another festival.
Every concert sounds better if attended live. Donington 2007, objectively speaking, wasn't great.

Download 2007 was good. Not Maiden at their best, but at the very least on par with where they are nowadays in terms of live performances.

This. Download 07 is basically an amazing version of Children Of The Damned in the middle of an sub-average performance.

Other highlights include:
-AND THEN TELL ME WHAT YOU SEE (Steve on Different World in his best best angry sailor impression)
-Feedback during TCDR + Janick messing the tempo on the intro
-Feedback during BTATS ruining otherwise a very good performance of that song
-Bruce's fall on Wrathchild
-Adrian's absolute abysmal guitar tone during the whole concert (how much more high end frequencies can one have?)
-Bruce struggling badly on FTGGOG
-No intro on TNOTB

All in all, I would be happy if they release 2 or 3 songs from that gig (BTATS (if the feedback is salvageble), COTD, TROBB ). But most of the concert is sub-par.

Back