Iron Maiden confirmed on the "Download TV Festival" - June 12-14

Hopefully it'll be some from their headlining show in 2016, that was just incredible. Glad I was able to hear Tears of a Clown before they dropped it, and I still get chills from Blood Brothers from that night.

Plus, they were last band of the weekend, yet they were the only headliner where it didn't piss down with rain throughout their set.

My childlike excitement is taking over and making me wonder if they're going to preview or reveal something new. These are strange times after all.

And Lego likes my post. That's thrown fuel on the fire, because Lego often appears to know things.

Lots of comments in the past around upcoming tours, forthcoming albums, etc etc, look through some old threads if you want. Maybe he's just nosy and a member of the IM Fan Club forum :p but he always gives the impression he kind of knows things inside the music industry.

My childlike excitement is taking over and making me wonder if they're going to preview or reveal something new. These are strange times after all.

Maiden tweeting "you don't want to miss this" has got me thinking maybe there's more than meets the eye to this, although not wanting to miss it would also be true for me regarding a straight forward live video clip.

Yes, and they have overhyped things before!
The countdown to the announcement of Primal Rock Rebellion for example. :facepalm:

This will probably be a pre-recorded video of Bruce revealing a new beer, or maybe Rod will do that as Bruce has had other things on his plate recently.

I'm so starved for new Maiden activity at this point that I'll be excited no matter what it is.*

...unseen live footage, live album announcement, a new interview with members of the band... just give us SOMETHING, dammit.

*as long as it's not just another f**king new beer

IMO, given the current covid-related challenges with global production and distribution, plus the fact that pubs and bars all over are still mostly or completely empty... it's probably not a new beer announcement.

"Iron Maiden top the bill on the Saturday evening and Download Festival promises it will be a very special set featuring archive performances, snippets from the Legacy Of The Beast tour, together with an intriguing exclusive just for Download TV."

:eek::eek::eek:
Fear of the Dark (live unplugged @Castle Donington 2003 during Janick & Dave's day off, previously unreleased)

Probably live footage from previous Maiden shows at Download. 2013 and 2016 most likely.

Back