Bruce Dickinson

Clive Burr.
Ok, three epic records with Maiden and all that, but he had left the band 30 years earlier.
You made the point yourself. He was a member of the band and highly relevant. I'm sure Paul di'Anno will be accorded the same respect, probably in the not too distant future.

She was Maiden's frontman wife for more than 3 decades, a common affect in Maiden camp, through Bruce. A friend of other members' wives, most certainly.
... if it really was a tragic domestic accident, I don't see the point in not remembering her.
But she was not a public figure and had absolutely no bearing on you. None of us deserve to know anything. There is no need for any of you to obsess over this woman or know anything about her.

You made the point yourself. He was a member of the band and highly relevant. I'm sure Paul di'Anno will be accorded the same respect, probably in the not too distant future.

But she was not a public figure and had absolutely no bearing on you. None of us deserve to know anything. There is no need for any of you to obsess over this woman or know anything about her.

Well, maybe it's more a cultural thing, that you can't just understand or conceive (and I don't blame you for that, of course).

Just wanted to make my point clearer, if you don't mind. I'm italian, and here in Italy (and in many other cultural contexts...) a similar circumstance would lead at least to an official statement from the band, or from the member involved (in this case Bruce). It's not being nosy, and nothing similar. I see it as a form of respect in remembering a dead human being.
How she died it's not my business, of course.
I'm not asking for more, details and stuff. Just a statement to remember her.
Then again, Maiden's social silence over the last two days is a form of respect, anyway...

The "none of us deserve to know anything" thing is a take I respect but that sounds a bit too cynical to me, a bit unnatural. I can't see a hierarchy between Paddy and Clive, for instance. They were both human beings, and you don't have to be a musician to be remembered on a music band page/site.

That's it. My advice is not to turn your opinion into an untouchable truth, everyone can have one. Everyone can state what they think it's right.

(I'm sorry if my english is not 100% accurate, being a native speaker would definitely help).

Last edited:
I think it's more a personal thing. I quote directly from Bruce's statement:

Out of respect for Paddy we won’t be making any further comment

I'm not sure he is entirely comfortable with the news being spotted by a tabloid. They try to keep their lives private and away from limelights since... well, since 1980, actually. As someone noticed before, they even kept Bruce's cancer secret until he finished the chemio sessions.

Regarding Clive, it is a completely different matter. He was in the band during the very early days (also he was the drummer in their most successful record), and in one way or another he worked with all current and past Maiden members. They also created the trust fund in order to help him fight his disease.

Clive was an Iron Maiden member, Paddy was married to an Iron Maiden member.

Basically I agree with @TAC, probably Bruce himself asked them not to.

I really feel for their 3 kids. I don't know how old she was, but I guess she's the same age as Bruce, which is far too young to die. It must be a terrible shock. The press intrusion must be really tough too. I can't imagine having to deal with it especially if you have no prior experience of it. What makes it worse is that Bruce (and the rest of Maiden) have never courted the tabloids and actively made an effort not to become 'celebrity' figures during their career.

The thing is if the band wants to keep something private they will.

Let's take Neil Peart for example. He was battling brain cancer for 3.5 years and noone knew about it. His death was announced one week after he passed away. Exactly what he wanted. The closed circle of his friends who knew were completely silent about it, because they respected the man so much.

And yeah... After a tragedy, that's when scavenger journos come out.

I've come across an interesting article in Russian
You can read it via Google translate.
It contains some new bits of info.

A blast from the past: a picture of the olden days, when Bruce Dickinson actually had a solo musical career:

0_Famous-people-who-have-visited-Burton-and-South-Derbyshire.jpg

Source: https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/burton/gallery/famous-people-who-visited-burton-4065386

I can see a Spice Girls thing in the background. How 90s! :lol:

Interesting that the photo is from Burton. When I was at Bloodstock Festival (not far from Burton) a couple of years ago I found this when looking through the stall which sells CDs/vinyls etc.:

1590141185005.png

1590141295387.png

I did not buy it. Who the hell owns a cassette player now anyway?

Back