Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely if there was any intention of doing Download they would have announced it with the rest of the rescheduled dates?

I don't quite understand how not rescheduling Download, and saying that they haven't been able to reschedule festival dates, makes people think that means they're playing Download Festival? Can someone explain the thought process here?

Surely if there was any intention of doing Download they would have announced it with the rest of the rescheduled dates?

I don't quite understand how not rescheduling Download, and saying that they haven't been able to reschedule festival dates, makes people think that means they're playing Download Festival? Can someone explain the thought process here?
It might be a Red Herring. Bands don't announce festival shows until the time and date agreed with the festival. Download won't want to confirm anything about the line-up until it's sensible to do so, and that will at least be after the intended date for the 2020 event. The dates for Download 2021 are also a week earlier than usual (closer to the dates it used to be actually) which fits Iron Maiden's 2021 shows perfectly. It's just a suspicion, just a hunch. We're not saying that it's definitely going to happen, but don't rule it out yet.

It might be a Red Herring. Bands don't announce festival shows until the time and date agreed with the festival. Download won't want to confirm anything about the line-up until it's sensible to do so, and that will at least be after the intended date for the 2020 event. The dates for Download 2021 are also a week earlier than usual (closer to the dates it used to be actually) which fits Iron Maiden's 2021 shows perfectly. It's just a suspicion, just a hunch. We're not saying that it's definitely going to happen, but don't rule it out yet.

Might be the case. If they are not able to do it, they might put on 2-3 UK shows then.

In the meantime there are 12 months they could use writing new music. Steve has tons of ideas. Maybe album 18 is already on his way!
Assuming the general trend of albums getting lengthier holds true, at this rate we might just skip a triple album and go straight for a quadruple album in 2021 when the next one finally comes out!

Maybe album 18 is already on his way!

2025. November.

Maiden has just announced third leg of The Legacy of the Beast II: Saints & Sinners tour for summer 2026, which will be their first with touring drummer Laz.

Meanwhile people at forum.maidenfans.com are utterly disappointed for another cabaret tour and the band sitting on album #18 for another year.

The lack of UK gigs and the proximity of Download to the start of the announced dates suggests to me that Download is a cert. Although it would be strange for the first gig of the tour to be as high profile as Download. Many rehearsals will be had. If they do Download, I reckon they will warm up with one of those pub gigs as The Nodding Donkeys or whatever. Now that would be a thing to see.

I have a hotel room booked in Derby just in case, although I‘d rather see them in London instead. LOTB tour would be the perfect one to take my daughter to see if they play again at the O2 (effectively ruining every other gig after that for her :lol: ).

If they do not play in the UK in 2021 it would not be a big deal though; I have already seen this tour twice and would love to see them play new songs live.

By the way, I read at the official fan club forum that it seems that they would also be playing in Zagreb and Budapest at the start of the tour (7th and 9th June, respectively; dates leaked by Lord of the Lost, one of the support acts).

By the way, I read at the official fan club forum that it seems that they would also be playing in Zagreb and Budapest at the start of the tour (7th and 9th June, respectively; dates leaked by Lord of the Lost, one of the support acts).
Are there any decent discussions on there these days? I let my membership lapse as the renewal shirt looked a bit crap. I'm checking this forum and the IM reddit every day!

Zagreb, nice. That eliminates the need for me to venture all the way to Netherlands, but you never know.

If they are playing Zagreb again, they will surely switch some things up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back