Question for old school fans: Was there a Promo video for Run to the Hill live single from Live After Death?

srfc

Ancient Mariner
I notice a while back that on Maiden's youtube page there's promo videos for pretty much all their singles uploaded, even some singles that weren't released e.g. Tailgunner.

However there is no promos for Running Free (Live) and Run to the Hills (Live). I though this could be an oversight, but it seems neither track are on Visions of the Beast either, and only Running Free is on The First 10 Years and From There to Eternity VHS tapes.

I found this on youtube:

So it seems that Running Free was certainly around as a promo, I checked my VHS of First 10 years before for this, https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/iron-maiden-songs-–-a-rough-overview-of-their-“live-history”.16270/post-682427 , so it seems this youtube version is the same as what was on the First 10 years video, i.e. it had the audio from the LAD video even though the single had the audio from the LP.

But there doesn't seem to be any evidence of a Run to the Hills (Live) promo video. There is a video on youtube but I think it's just a rip from the live after death video rather than a separate promo, e.g. there's no promo infographic like the capitol records stuff on the Running Free video

Can anyone who was there at the time remember if there was promo video shown on MTV or Top of the Pops and the likes at the time?

I found this list before and notice that Run to the Hills Live is not listed as being shown on Top of the Pops.

However, I must add this list is not correct, as The Clairvoyant is not listed, and I know for a fact it was shown on Top of the Pops, as I saw it on the repeat on BBC 4 quite recently :lol: They only played the chorus though

And has nothing to do with the question asked.

Have you checked the 1998 Enhanced CDs?

Yep, neither Running Free or Run to the Hills are on it, 2 Minutes to Midnight, Powerslave, Revelations and Aces High are on it instead.

Which suggests there's something odd up with those two live videos if neither have reappeared on any release after 1993

A follow on question from this:

I know there was a video for The Final Frontier, but was there a promo video for El Dorado?

I checked the From There to Eternity video, and it doesn't have a live video for RTTH either.

Back