Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you thought they might have a contract to honour? If a promoter pays them good money for a LOTB show and this is postponed, Maiden might haveto honour the contract. Think about Judas Priest having to support Ozzy Osbourne until the end of time as that tour kept on getting postponed!

That being said, I would not be surprised if LOTB is Maiden’s last tour.

There is one catch. Ozzy is postponing his tour due to his issues. Maiden is cancelling/postponing due to goverment orders. And this is promotor's issue. Not IM LLP's.

That's the main difference. Because the artist is able to perform, the issue is with promoters and organisers. If they postpone the tour, they are doing this just to keep promoters from going broke, if they are not insured.

I was happy seeing Iron Maiden perform songs I'd given up hope on seeing live (e.g. 'Where Eagles Dare', 'Sign of the Cross'), the stage show was fun but the important thing was the music. Nobody was ever asking for an inflatable Spitfire or a mask and lantern for 'Fear of the Dark' - it's the songs people were demanding and moaning about.
And I thought I lost all chances to see Aces High. I never dreamed they would do it on 3 non-album tours in a row!

Have you thought they might have a contract to honour? If a promoter pays them good money for a LOTB show and this is postponed, Maiden might haveto honour the contract. Think about Judas Priest having to support Ozzy Osbourne until the end of time as that tour kept on getting postponed!

That being said, I would not be surprised if LOTB is Maiden’s last tour.

It wont be there last tour they have a North American and South American tour in them yet and thats not going to be legacy 4 lmao. whatever they do next year they will still put out a new album and tour into 2022 count on that ,

What if they decide to call the new album "Legacy of the Beast"?

The next tour would be LOTB and promoters can't say anything about it.

I bet Rod is considering it already!

I could certainly live with a LOTB/New Album tour. Much better than delaying things a year just to do LOTB3.

Call the new album LOTB for all I care. As long as the songs are great.

I know we're talking hypotheticals about a new album titled Legacy of the Beast, but I wonder: if LOTB ends up getting extended to 2021 to meet existing agreements and contractual obligations, what are the chances of them actually changing the setlist and maybe even playing a new song?

Probably wishful thinking if I'm being honest, but it'd certainly at least soften the blow a little bit. I really don't think we'll be getting a joint new album/LOTB tour but a small teaser wouldn't be impossible. The issue that I see is that they might just feel like being lazy and just doing the "contractual obligation" leg of LOTB without anything special going on for it. I really don't want the same LOTB set repeated a second time, except in 2021. That'd just suck.

I would think if the promoter (or government for the matter) cancels a show then that would leave the artists off the hook. The artist may not be available or unable to perform next year or whenever the event is rescheduled. But then I'm not in Entertainment Law.

TBH the can name album whatever they want and do album tour under name Legacy if the beast. Then market it like new music is their legacy because they're not a cabaret act. Only die hard fans would have problem with that but given circumstances - why they should care? If this is the last tour they can do whatever they want to and tell us to suck it up. Casual fans would still be happy.

I know we're talking hypotheticals about a new album titled Legacy of the Beast, but I wonder: if LOTB ends up getting extended to 2021 to meet existing agreements and contractual obligations, what are the chances of them actually changing the setlist and maybe even playing a new song?

Probably wishful thinking if I'm being honest, but it'd certainly at least soften the blow a little bit. I really don't think we'll be getting a joint new album/LOTB tour but a small teaser wouldn't be impossible. The issue that I see is that they might just feel like being lazy and just doing the "contractual obligation" leg of LOTB without anything special going on for it. I really don't want the same LOTB set repeated a second time, except in 2021. That'd just suck.
I'd been hoping they were going to do that on Legacy 3 anyway, before all this Rona crap. It would've been solid marketing, sort of like what they did with Wildest Dreams on Give Me 'Ed. Throw a new song into Legacy 3 and talk up the new album throughout that leg of the tour. Take their usual break between tours and marinate in the anticipation that's been drummed up, release the album and launch the tour. Seems a no-brainer.

All major events in Germany before 31 August are banned, just in case anyone thinks Maiden have authority over this. They don't.

German promoter confirms that then plan is to tour in the summer of 2021. As we had expected of course but there it is in writing now.

What about the people?
Did the promoters thought that the people would want the money back and don't wait until summer 2021?

Ticketmaster hasn't been holding ticket purchases in escrow, so as a result, they don't have enough cash on hand to refund everyone. I am fully expecting I will not be refunded for my Ullevi ticket.

You'd think they would be insured for such a case.
Most ticket companies hold the money in escrow until the concert in case of cancellation. Ticketmaster bailed on this a few years ago, due to their immense amount of income. They hold enough to cover a certain percentage of their outstanding concerts, on the theory that they'd always have enough money to cover a full tour cancellation, etc. They didn't believe something could cancel all tours everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back