GREATEST METAL ALBUM CUP - Nominations closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa , never thought someone on here would actually listen to these "posers". Went with their s/t though
I've been wondering why no one here listens to them. Lots of good thrash/heavy/speed/prog metal influenced songs, it's not like they're Five Finger Death Punch or anything. Their self titled album is definitely a great one too, but couldn't beat my two favorites.

There are a few people on here who listen to them. I like the self titled and Waking the Fallen plus a smattering of their other material.

I didn’t nominate it but probably should’ve. It didn’t occur to me at the time.

This chat has made me intrigued to see if I have picked anything that no one else has but I doubt that I have.
I don't know Avenged from Adam, I'm sure I've heard a tune or two but they seem divisive so I'm gonna give this Waking The Fallen a shot now.
Also, I don't think I've ever heard a note from this Ripper chap. He also seems divisive. I will check him out after Avenged. I fear I am in for a terrible time....

What extra albums/bands would you have put if there were 30 slots?

I could have snuck in Rammstein, Meshuggah, and the rest of my 'controversial' choice's discography.

I actually really struggled at first to get 25. The first 15 came off the top of my head.
I like lots of punk rock and some post hardcore so I had to throw that out of my usual album list.

For 30 I'd probably go for some Manowar, Darkest Hour, maybe first two linkin park records

I could have snuck in Rammstein, Meshuggah, and the rest of my 'controversial' choice's discography.
I only like a few Rammstein songs, specifically the ones without profanity or explicit sexual content. I'm looking at you 'Pussy'!

I only like a few Rammstein songs, specifically the ones without profanity or explicit sexual content. I'm looking at you 'Pussy'!
Nice GNR mirroring! Rammstein's songs aren't as... upfront as Rocket Queen is, though.
Luckily for me, I don't know German and deliberately avoid looking up the lyrics.

I don't know Avenged from Adam, I'm sure I've heard a tune or two but they seem divisive so I'm gonna give this Waking The Fallen a shot now.
Also, I don't think I've ever heard a note from this Ripper chap. He also seems divisive. I will check him out after Avenged. I fear I am in for a terrible time....
So last nights investigations have led me to 2 conclusions;

1. Avenged suck.
2. Thats it. I didn't listen to any Ripper.

Yea, gonna check it out later. It’s called Virus, amazing timing on that one.

Meshuggah ain't half bad really, I can take them in extremely small doses. If I had five more picks I would've thrown in:
  • Obituary - Cause of Death
  • Death - Scream Bloody Gore
  • Possessed - Seven Churches
  • Mercyful Fate - Melissa
  • Bathory - Bathory
It seems like those would've been essential picks in the list I sent in, but it turns out there's a lot of good heavy metal out there lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back