IRON MAIDEN REFERENDUM 2020: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 5th time!

Are you satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
As I'm sure I've said before, I find AMOLAD needs to be listened to as a full album. It's difficult to pull individual songs from it. I find it difficult to look at the individual songs as standalone. I so wish I'd seen the tour.

Currently listening to the album. I have to say, These Colours Don't Run is the song which I enjoy individually, really is benefitted from the whole album experience, it flows wonderfully from Different World then lets loose into Brighter Than A Thousand Suns which sadly isn't quite as epic as I recall but then again, it is being compared to the likes of For The Greater Good Of God. A couple songs I hadn't heard since I listened to the album last year, The Pilgrim opens in a really catchy way but the song as a whole isn't the most memorable in my eyes, verses are stronger than the chorus, but it sets up The Longest Day quite well.

The album really is an experience that would have been super cool to have seen live on the tour too bad I hadn't discovered hard rock music at that point in a way which I would have enjoyed it if I had attended.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 4:
Out Of The Shadows - 15 votes
Different World - 14 votes
Speed Of Light - 13 votes
Death Or Glory - 13 votes
The Pilgrim - 13 votes

Voted for The Red & The Black, Isle Of Avalon, These Colours Don't Run, The Longest Day, For The Greater Good Of God and The Legacy.

My votes are the same as the last round.

Starblind
When The Wild Wind Blows
The Legacy

If Eternity Should Fail
When the Wild Wind Blows
These Colours Don't Run
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
The Longest Day

Exactly the same as last time except for Different World which was voted off

Isle of Avalon
These Colours Don't Run
BTATS
Benjamin Breeg
Lord Of Light
The Legacy

Voted for:
  • The Red & The Black
  • Empire of the Clouds
  • The Talisman
  • When the Wild Wind Blows
The rest of the songs on AMoLaD are so good, I couldn't possibly vote for them now while those songs are still in. Very sad to see Different World, Speed of Light, and The Pilgrim gone so soon :(

Well this is the hardest vote yet. There's not a song here that I dislike at all.

Eternity
Talisman
Suns
God

Are the unfortunate sacrifices for me.

Ya know, whenever these survivors pop up, I realise that I just don’t remember much about the newer albums. Honestly, I never listened to TFF or TBOS enough to know the songs by heart.

Back