Iron Maiden songs transformed to other genres

Dr. Eddies Wingman

Brighter than thousand_suns
While we wait for new music, how about this:

Over the years, various artists have covered Iron Maiden. Other heavy metal bands, but also bands and artists from other genres. We have Thomas Zwijsen's acoustic covers, Scott Lavender's piano covers and many more. Some songs translate well into other styles of music, others don't.

So I'm asking you, which Maiden songs do you think lend themselves well to other genres of music? Don't be restrictive in the genres :D Classical? Jazz? 1950s style rock'n'roll? Church hymn style? Hip hop?

Discuss!

If you have videos and examples, post!

To kick off: Here's an orchestral medley with parts from a lot of Maiden classics and I think it is quite well performed.

I'd like to see an orchestral or acoustic or both version of Strange World because I like Strange World and think that Strange World is a very underrated song and it's also my favorite song from the Iron Maiden debut simply titled Iron Maiden.

I'd like to see an orchestral or acoustic or both version of Strange World because I like Strange World and think that Strange World is a very underrated song and it's also my favorite song from the Iron Maiden debut simply titled Iron Maiden.

Pretty much the same here. Maiden UniteD recorded rather amazing Strange World cover, the arrangement really elevates many elements of it beautifully.

Mmm, disco...

You would probably love their cover of Be Quick or Be Dead done Back From The Edge style.

The masterminds behind the album are Mattias and Henrik, the guys behind the Bruce Dickinson Wellbeing Network website.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jer
Back